New CX-5 Speed Display Question

Hello All - We have been looking to purchase a CX5. We are trying to decide between the Premium and Premium Plus. It may sound trivial but the one thing that is holding me up from buying is the lack of a digital MPH display (number listing of speed). I know the needle dial on the Prem is digital but does not list the speed in numbers.

I also understand that the HUD in the PP will provide this functionality but that is the only additional function on the PP that we really care for and hate to spend the extra dollars for that one feature.

Anyone have any feedback or advice for us? I just find the needle dial very antiquated and difficult to see while driving. Maybe it is simply because I have not driven vehicle in years that did not have the number display in the instrument cluster?

Thanks all.

without the HUD its only the needle.
With PP you get more extras not just the HUD. ventilated seats and auto folding mirrors and others.
The HUD alone is worth it the extra cost for me. You can also add Navi sd card and it will display speed limits in the HUd as well as you can get Navi directions on the HUD.

IMG_4839.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks. Understand there are additional options with the PP - just the lack of speed display on the Prem is the only thing keeping me from buying a Prem....

Not sure whats the price difference but the PP is worth it. Its like the best of all features witthout the expensive Turbo trims.
I cannot imagine driving a car without HUD nowadays :) it also shows the blind spot detection on the hud too.

Last edited:
Not sure whats the price difference but the PP is worth it. Its like the best of all features witthout the expensive Turbo trims.
I cannot imagine driving a car without HUD nowadays :) it also shows the blind sport detection on the hud too.
That is nice to know - blind spot detection on HUD - I did not realize that.

no way no how would I buy a cx 5 without a turbo. heck after a few months even the turbo version feels gutless. HUD is my favorite thing about my 2023 turbo. Never had it before and now would not buy another vehicle without it.

hud also displays lane departure, blind spot, cc on and setting..........and isn't the Bose 10 spkr stereo a pp feature? and sunroof? also the app that'll do remote start and stuff?

On the Premium, press the Info button on the steering wheel until the center display changes to the graphic of the vehicle with the 2 lane keep lines. This screen shows your speed in numbers at the top

Back