Diagnostics complete = SD card is invalid but map update is available

Stop using it... lol... what a crock. Keep using it. Yes try to update it. I sincerely doubt they can break it... only deny you.

2 things I cannot stand about Mazda right now.
The price they try to gouge you for an SD Card... by the way the price in the US to add this on went up last year from $399 to $450.
You can buy the BIGGEST 8 INCH GARMIN FOR $350!
The smallest 5 inch one is on sale now for $99 (normally $169).
And it gives you live traffic and gas prices and a national parks directory and it will even show traffic cameras for you if the area supports it (like much of Ohio does).

Second is the marketing.
FEEL ALIVE! .... yawn.
And the new trims... specifically the PREMIUM PLUS trim. First off I hate names like PREMIUM or VALUE. But.. PREMIUM PLUS... so... it's the P P trim then?
WHO IS MARKETING FOR MAZDA THESE DAYS?
Further, you get free lifetime updates with the Garmin which I've found to be seamless on a PC. Same for my golf GPS. I like the beanbag attachment for $20 for heads up display. It also has the advantage of being moveable from car to car.

These units used to last about 5 years until the internal battery gave out and was not replaceable. My current unit is at 7 years and still going strong and I believe the battery is replaceable though I'll look into it when needed.

I started buying Garmins years ago after test driving an Avalon where the nav was a $2,000 upgrade and have not seen any reason since to do anything different.

Of course if you have an unlimited data plan you could run Waze for free on a phone.

You're just going to have to take my word for it because I'm not going to go look for it again. Feel free though if you don't believe me...
Relax Conrad. Not calling you a liar. I mean, technically it's really the exact same thing as they ONLY release one update /year.

The update that I'm considering adding to the so-called invalid card is not free, hence my hesitation
Understand. If you have a relationship with the dealer maybe you can work it out where you're not charged if it doesn't work. If you have it in for service just ask them and see what they say.

I'm pretty sure my dealer wouldn't charge me in your situation but they service both my Mazdas.

I would think if they take your money, they cannot deny you. And at this point it would be pretty dumb to do so as you are paying them.

Latest posts

Back