Dealer Maintenance Records

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Does anyone here know if the dealer service records can be seen by other dealers? When i would take my windstar to the dealer for service they were able to see the service that was done by other ford dealers through a system called Oasis, which is used especially for the purpose of verifying that the maintenace was kept up in case of warranty claims. Does mazda do this as well. Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me.

If a Mazda is serviced at an actual Mazda dealer service department, yes, any real Mazda service department should be able to see the history regardless of what dealer is working on it.

Can't imagine that any automaker does not do that at this computer age...

A separate note:
Some repair works at dealerships also got reported to CarFax. This is good or bad depending on your perspectives.
With my old BMW, I had the cam pos sensor replaced. The CarFax showed "Engine Repair".
That really hurt when I was trying to sell it.... Potential buyers imagined the worst.

The dealer told me to always have my service records in the event that a warranty repair was needed. That mazda doesn't have this system. I find it kind of strange because under the owner's log in at mazdausa.com under my mazda they enter all of the service that i have had done. So i am pretty sure that the other dealers should be able to do that also. I am wondering for verification purposes if anyone on this forum works for the mazda service dept. Please chime in.

I don't have a definitive answer either.
I have been going to one Mazda dealer only. Maybe I will ask next time I visit them.

Looking at the App that Mazda offers for smart phones I would think that the dealership's should be able to pull up your information pretty easily as the App and the website track your service.
If you have a smart phone and this app installed you would be able to have this information on hand to show the dealership when needed.
I like having that information available to me at anytime.
I like a few of the features available on the App too.

The Mazda dealership I use, in Toronto is able to look up the service and warranty history of my CX9, including the work the previous owner had done at two other dealerships.

My other car (non Mazda) the dealer only has access to warranty work, but not service work done at other dealerships.

That makes a lot of senses.
Dealers should be able to access services done at other dealers.
BMW dealers were that way when I had one.

Looking at the App that Mazda offers for smart phones I would think that the dealership's should be able to pull up your information pretty easily as the App and the website track your service.
If you have a smart phone and this app installed you would be able to have this information on hand to show the dealership when needed.
I like having that information available to me at anytime.
I like a few of the features available on the App too.

Can you please share which is the application you mention? I installed Mazda Assist, and it seems that is just to request road assistance, not for anything else.

I also installed MyMazda, and is not pulling my records, just offer to add entries manually

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back