Dealer experience. Are my expectations too high?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Just got my car back from the dealership after my first oil change and tire rotation. Now, I have scratches on my rims. Should this be something I should just expect or should I raise holy hell?
I should also mention the dealership put dents in my roof (just above both driver's side doors) when they installed my roof rails. They had the dents taken out by a paintless debt repair guy.
I'm really frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You should definitely be complaining and demanding repair as well as some sort of service/accessories credit for your trouble IMO.

Keep going up the ladder until you get satisfaction IMO.

No that should not happen. I would let them know that they damaged the wheel and that they should try to fix it.

I have been taking my Mazdas to the same dealer for service for more than 6 years now. The only scratch on one of the rims on my Speed3 was caused by myself. Sounds like you need to take your car to a different dealer/service department.

Your expectations are not high. Even a hole in a wall is supposed to respect the car and not damage it. Discount tire put two new on my 2nd car and i noticed rim damage. Then i was reminded of that one time wife tried to parallel park with 6 attempts. Yeah cant blame discount tire for this.

Nope, your expectations are not too high.

If it was me, I would contact the dealer asap and ask for the damage to be repaired, email can be nice because it leaves a paper trail.

If your contact is unsuccessful or unsatisfactory, I would then contact Mazda directly and inform them of your service experience and damage.

(ugh)

Scratches all over the rims, or around the lug nuts due to using power tools?

When I first bought my snow tires/rims, the local tire shop kids put some scratches on my rims around my lug nut holes when they used a power drill to remove them.

Learned my lesson. I did all wheel/tire rotations by hand myself after that. In hindsight I should have requested they only used hand tools.

Just got my car back from the dealership after my first oil change and tire rotation. Now, I have scratches on my rims. Should this be something I should just expect or should I raise holy hell?
I should also mention the dealership put dents in my roof (just above both driver's side doors) when they installed my roof rails. They had the dents taken out by a paintless debt repair guy.
I'm really frustrated.

Raise holy hell.

Get satisfaction.

Find new dealer.

If they can't manage to avoid body and rim damage now, do you really want to trust them later with more critical issues?

Raise holy hell.

Get satisfaction.

Find new dealer.

If they can't manage to avoid body and rim damage now, do you really want to trust them later with more critical issues?
Thanks for the responses. Talked to the service manager and I'll be seeing him tomorrow morning. One of the sales managers I talked to said they might just trade my wheel(s) from another GT.

There's no going to another dealer. My dealer is very close to where I work/live and I get free loaners from them for life. But, what sense do free loaners make if I get an eff'd car back every time it's in service? Yeah. Yeah.

It's been a cascade of things go wrong with this dealer and they're going to get an ear full tomorrow.
6ed617566b18fba96365976a70170d24.jpg
6f3a07613ae51271c1902c2612a197d3.jpg

I'm really frustrated.

Where are the scratches? Inside the lug holes? If so, yeah bro...get over it. If they are on the flats/spokes etc....seriously? That's sloppy.

Oh. now I see the photo. Yeah, that's some BS. Dealership dinged up my brand new 370Z once. Swung the lift arms into the body-cladding. Cut right through the wrap AND the paint. Tech said "Well, you know, them low-riding cars..." (this is a GT-R certified dealership).

Tech was out of a job that afternoon, and I got a free service contract/plan including the synthetic Nissan oil (expensive) for the VQ motors.

Dealer put a new rim and tire on my CX-5. But, so far my dealer and service experience has not been the greatest. How about an "I'm sorry. " or "We'll do better next time."
None of that.

Your expectations are not high. Even a hole in a wall is supposed to respect the car and not damage it. Discount tire put two new on my 2nd car and i noticed rim damage. Then i was reminded of that one time wife tried to parallel park with 6 attempts. Yeah cant blame discount tire for this.

LMAO.

One of my rims got scratched to hell when a guy "bumped" me (no dents) on Broadway a few months back. Took it down to Service King and as well as getting the wheel well plastic trim replaced and scratches on the paint buffed out, they also did their best to polish out the scratches on the rim. Not perfect because some were deep, but for the most part it ended up working alright. If the scratches aren't too deep, could work out ok.

This dealer sounds awful, and they would not be getting any of my business.

Back