Deactivate alarm?

mtbmike

:
speed3 gt
Hi, can anyone tell me how to turn off my ms3's alarm? i don't want it on!

here's what's happening. I walk outside to my car without
my keys. Rear door is locked. i open front door, and use the pushbutton to unlock all doors. Then i open the rear door. Alarm sounds... run into house and search for keys.. find them, press Unlock button on fob, alarm stops. Neighbors disgusted.

please clue me in. The manual is useless on this.(pissed)

The alarm is a 3rd party add-in. Mazda doesn't make it. I can't remember the name of the company that does it, but your dealer should be able to help you.

robzilla, not to doubt you, but are u sure about that? it
doesn't seem like my dealer would have added anything to
the car without charging me for it.

ok I think i understand now.... the dealer didn't send the car out for the alarm..
i am taking it in tomorrow for motor mount recall, i'll see what they can tell me.

The alarm is a 3rd party add-in. Mazda doesn't make it. I can't remember the name of the company that does it, but your dealer should be able to help you.
wrong
the alarm comes from the factory on the GT models.. the only way to "disable" it is to manually lock the doors

actually if you put negative to the black wire that has a white stripe in it (located in the driver kick panel going up to the door) its supposed to disarm the factory alarm but i dont know this for sure cause i dont have gt but i work for a retailer that installs after market remote start and security so i can look up the wires

hey the MAN, please elaborate on "he only way to "disable" it is to manually lock the doors"

you read how i set it off, right? only time it goes off seems to be after i've used the door lock button inside the car. not using the fob.

Back