De-badging...

De-Badge

Mazda%203.jpg

yeah i have an 04 sedan and i had the Mazda and the emblem both bolted. I took them off and painted them.

Ok guys, so whats the final word on this??? I have an '04 Mazda3 hatch.....can I or cant I remove all the badges(besides the big logos on grill and center hatch) with out having to plug in any holes???

Also, does anyone have a pic of the badges painted???

Not sure of this one...

...but maybe, just maybe there is some diffrence in the model and/or years that you are discussing. I have a 2004 3 Hatch and I cant tell you this, the "MAZDA" and the "M" logo in the center of the hatch are bolted on. The "3" on the hatch is adhesive. The "M" logo on the front grill snaps into place. I don't know about the other models or years. It's important that you compare apples to apples before you co and rip something off your car.

yeah i think this matter is settled. I do have a couple of pics of my badges painted charcoal metallic. The quality is not very good but it does the job.

Attachments

• CIMG0005.JPG
    CIMG0005.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 176
  • CIMG0018.JPG
    CIMG0018.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 147
zoom that looks great....def. the way to go now that we know most of the badges are bolted on....def. like the charcoal badges, nice job

thanks man. I will have some better pcitures soon, i smoked the tail lights and the headlights willbe done today. I think the badges will look better when everything else is also darkened a bit more.

my 3 hatchback had plugs in the "MAZDA" in the rear and in the Mazda logo in the back as well. i got off the 2.3 on the doors by using dental floss and kind of sawing it off, then i used goo-gone to remove the remaining 3M tape.

Here is JDM Shizzy for the Axela..

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 201
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 266
what kind of adhesive can you use to put the emblems back on? i took mine off to see what the car would look like. i might paint them black. i just need to know what is safe to use and where i can get the adhesive.

i used 3m super strength double sided tape. you can get it at any hardware store.

Normally they will come with the tape on them...
i think that he refers to the emblems he will take off. you cant reuse whatever is left of the tape, it wont stick.

ok so i took off the "M" emblem tody and not only was there 2-sided tape but 2 pegs (ghey) on it so now i have 2 little holes now...... oh well just gotta bring out da bondo

Back