Cx5 Suspension squeaks unresolved

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi,

I released on my previous posting, I posted in the wrong thread. I asked if anyone had squeaking suspension sound and seems like no others had one. I wend to the dealer and they tightened all suspension areas including sub frames. The squeaking has been reduced but not totally gone. They said that in Canada, unless squeaking are caused by manufacturing defects like shocks, it is not covered by warranty.

My question is when driving over brick / cobble stone roads, it squeaks and cannot tell if it is from front or rear of the car. It seems to come from both sides somewhere under the car.
What should I do now. Is there an area in the suspension area that I need to concentrate in lubricating? Sway bar bushings? Sub frame bushings or shock mounts? or all of above?
If some one who have read or heard which areas I need to lubricate to resolve this problem will be appreciated. What do I need to use, white lithium grease?
Any advise will be great.

Thank you

Hard to diagnose when you aren't sure where the squeak is coming from but HERE'S a list ot TSB's which may give you some ideas. Good luck.

Mine squeaks like crazy when its cold especially, but all the time, especially over speedbumps, curbs, etc. I asked the dealer and they said "we can't hear it" so nothing got done. I wasn't impressed. I love the car, but hate all the squeaks! They stall you long enough to get out of the 1 year adjustment period on the warranty. I'm going to an independent shop next to see if they can see anything.

Thank you for the email.
Based, if you find the source, please let me know. For TSB, it looks like my car is not included. I can,T afford to replace shocks because if this was not the cause, warranty will not cover, very frustrating. In some way I am not the only one having this issue.

If not shocks.. might be some some bushing in suspension components. This type of issue is often hard to diagnose.

Thank you for the email.
Based, if you find the source, please let me know. For TSB, it looks like my car is not included. I can,T afford to replace shocks because if this was not the cause, warranty will not cover, very frustrating. In some way I am not the only one having this issue.
Can you replicate the sound by rocking the car from side to side or front to back while it's stationary. If so, this might make it easier to locate with the help of a friend.

My car squeaks when I get into the car, or get out of it.
It's not a loud loud squeak, but I can distinctively hear it from the front shocks.
Sounds like the springs are squeaking when the car is loaded and unloaded.

Doesn't bother me at the moment.

My car squeaks when I get into the car, or get out of it.
It's not a loud loud squeak, but I can distinctively hear it from the front shocks.
Sounds like the springs are squeaking when the car is loaded and unloaded.

Doesn't bother me at the moment.
How do you know it's coming from the shocks??

Thank you. I was busy and sorry for delay. I don't think its shocks as I push corners of the cx5 and does not squeak. Only spueaks when driven over brick road. Any suggestions of what to do?

If I was experiencing the same thing I would probably get some silicon spray and start spraying bushings within the suspension components. This isn't going to fix it but sound will go away for a while on the part that is rubbing. I'd spray some on any bushings related to shock attachment points and also hit the stabilizer bar bushings and end links.

Heck ...even the exhaust is held up by rubber hangers so I would probably lube those as well to rule them out.

How do you know it's coming from the shocks??

Actually, I have been re-assessing the issue, and the squeaking is actually coming from the rear passenger seats. When my wife or any other passenger sits in the rear seats, I hear this loud squeaking noise coming from under the seat, so I might actually bring that in to get it checked at our local dealership.

Actually, I have been re-assessing the issue, and the squeaking is actually coming from the rear passenger seats. When my wife or any other passenger sits in the rear seats, I hear this loud squeaking noise coming from under the seat, so I might actually bring that in to get it checked at our local dealership.

Not sure if you had the same issue as me, here's how I fixed my seat issue:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ky-Rear-Seat&p=6286102&highlight=#post6286102

Just had my back right shock making that squeaking sound. Wouldn't do it over every bump, but it was common enough to notice. Took it in for the 10K oil change and mentioned it, they saw the factory notice on the problem and ordered the replacement in. Have had my CX-5 Touring less than 9mo and it was covered. In and out in 47min within 4 days of first reporting the problem and them ordering the replacement part. No problem since.

Made it dad, can you tell me tab no. And what parts no. We replaced.
Thank you.

Yeah, looking at the invoice, it's "technical service bulletin # 02-003/14: xekcharx .4 82 9G" The 82 9G part was on a 2nd line off from the rest of the bulletin number so wasn't sure if it was related.

The part # appears to be "KR27-28-910B Damper RR" at N/C and "Rerar 156 W" at N/C Thinking the Rerar is the labor, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hope all that helps.

If I was experiencing the same thing I would probably get some silicon spray and start spraying bushings within the suspension components. This isn't going to fix it but sound will go away for a while on the part that is rubbing. I'd spray some on any bushings related to shock attachment points and also hit the stabilizer bar bushings and end links.

Heck ...even the exhaust is held up by rubber hangers so I would probably lube those as well to rule them out.

Old thread resurrection... I am noticing some squeaky bushing type sounds at low speed with steering turned on on uneven surfaces. I might have to try some silicon spray first to see if it is coming from the bushings on the stabilizer bar.

I see this TSB about noise if there is contamination in the bushings.

http://www.mazda.oemdtc.com/765/grip-type-front-rear-stabilizer-bushings-2013-2016-mazda

EDIT: Maybe I will let dealer address it as the TSB states my attempt to address it may make it worse. Gotta get my leak issue out of the way first.

Last edited:
Back