CX-90 pricing in Canada out of hand

After checking with my bank for financing, I opted to take up Mazda's promotional financing rate of 5.3% for 48 months guaranteed not higher but could be lower when I take delivery though I doubt it as ETA is now early July. Not great, but acceptable in today's high interest rates. I could have gotten it just under 5% but opted to get additional discount instead. My bank actually advised me to take the financing offer. They simply couldn't match it.

After checking with my bank for financing, I opted to take up Mazda's promotional financing rate of 5.3% for 48 months guaranteed not higher but could be lower when I take delivery though I doubt it as ETA is now early July. Not great, but acceptable in today's high interest rates. I could have gotten it just under 5% but opted to get additional discount instead. My bank actually advised me to take the financing offer. They simply couldn't match it.

Did you check with any other banks or credit unions? I believe we used a credit union when we financed our CX-9 and the rates were much lower than the big banks we were considering (TD and CIBC in Canada).

Did you check with any other banks or credit unions? I believe we used a credit union when we financed our CX-9 and the rates were much lower than the big banks we were considering (TD and CIBC in Canada).
No, I didn't. The rate from credit union could possibly be lower, but I doubt any bank could match it. Dealerships and auto manufacturers get wholesale financing rates which I think, is tough to beat. The difference if any, would be small. In any case, I could refinance it if I want, but I aim to pay it off as quickly as possible.

No, I didn't. The rate from credit union could possibly be lower, but I doubt any bank could match it. Dealerships and auto manufacturers get wholesale financing rates which I think, is tough to beat. The difference if any, would be small. In any case, I could refinance it if I want, but I aim to pay it off as quickly as possible.

Ah, in that case, the rate is much less important. (y)

I wouldn't be looking for a bank to match a low rate from a credit union, I would just use the CU to finance the car. Once the car is paid off, the CU account can be closed. Sometimes the difference in rates is huge, which can save you thousands depending on the financed amount and the difference in rates. In my case, the dealership had offered us an interest rate, which ended up being lower than what the banks were offering. We checked with credit unions and found one with a rate that ended up being 2 or 3% lower than the dealership's rate. I think it saved us nearly $2000, maybe more because we also paid it off early.

Back