CX-9 question about 2nd row climate controls

Hi folks. I just want to make sure I am not missing this after reviewing our owners manual and vehicle.

For the 2nd row climate controls, I press the rear switch on the dashboard and it powers on the 2nd row and will only match whatever the driver/pass climate options are correct? To actually change the settings would have to be done from the 2nd row controls?

This may be my only gripe thus far of our new 2021 CX9, not being able to change the 2nd row climate options from the front seats. Our kids are young and we would like to have the ability to do this as I am constantly hot and like AC blowing on me but my kids not so much lol.

Thanks!

Solution
As per my understanding, the rear climate controls can only be synched up to the front climate controls where the same settings up front are reflected in the rear. As far as overriding those front climate controls, the rear climate controls need to be used to set a specific temperature, fan speed, etc. for the rear passengers.
I think you are right. You can only control if air goes back there or not, but not anything else from the front.

Upvote 0
As per my understanding, the rear climate controls can only be synched up to the front climate controls where the same settings up front are reflected in the rear. As far as overriding those front climate controls, the rear climate controls need to be used to set a specific temperature, fan speed, etc. for the rear passengers.

Upvote 0
Solution
Yup this is correct!

Upvote 0
This just blew my mind and also I can confirm it works, one of my gripes is no control of the rear except on and off. Now can set their settings to what I want with rear button double tap, awesome!

Upvote 0
Back