CX-9 purchase plans

wvmstr

:
CX9
I am in the market for a CX-9. My budget is such that I am looking at 2007-2010 CX-9 models with 100,000 - 150,000 miles.

Went through some of the threads here and have learned about transfer case failures, drive line shudder (35 - 45 mph), and a clicking sound.

However, most of these posts seem to be early in this age group. Say 2008 through 2013-ish.

Are these issues still relevant for vehicles in my budget range?

Or should I be more concerned about other issues?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

I wouldn't do it (unless you're getting it for cheap) because around that mileage the water pump issue may rear it's ugly head as well. You would be looking at a costly repair of 2 ticking time bombs (plus regular maintenance items). Just make sure it doesn't have too many bells and whistles and you have the time to fix it yourself or have another $2-4.5k for repairs if you do decide to get it. Any and all cars will have some issues at that mileage. it's just this one has more issues than others once it passes 100k.

I have a 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring that had the transfer case replaced last summer - 142,000 miles - having tires put on it today. PM me if you are interested

Back