CX-9 Middle Seat Captains Chair Cover Options?

PJ171

2020 CX-9 Signature
Hi All,

Relatively new owner of a 2020 CX-9 Signature in Soul Red. The CX-9 has been an awesome car but with my son starting to explore what his legs can do the middle captains chairs can take a few kicks and take a lot of cleaning to keep in good shape.

I was looking for seat cover options that would fit the CX-9's middle row captains chairs. I checked out Mazda's official options even though they would have been spendy but could find a match there either.

Seems like a few of us Dads have the CX-9 bug, any leads on a seat cover than can hold up to 2 year old footwear?

Thanks!

I’ve ran Igee’s in previous vehicles. My dad has always run them as well. He is a contractor and views his truck as a tool so is not super careful what he has in his back pockets when he gets in. He replaces them every two years or so, but he really beats on them too. I’m sure they’d stand up to a 2 year old. I didn’t see just a rear seat option on their website so I would contact them and see what they say. Other bonus is they don’t interfere with side airbags (don’t recall if the second row has any in the seat or not)

Are you looking for a full seat cover or just a kick mat ? I have been using these for a few years in my 2018 CX-9 with bench seat. They work both on the back of the front seat when the car seat is facing forward and on the middle row seat when the car seat is facing backward (between the kid car seat and the seat back.

but they only cover the vertical surface, they won't protect the seat bottom if you kid is climbing on it with its boots, etc.

Hi All,

Relatively new owner of a 2020 CX-9 Signature in Soul Red. The CX-9 has been an awesome car but with my son starting to explore what his legs can do the middle captains chairs can take a few kicks and take a lot of cleaning to keep in good shape.

I was looking for seat cover options that would fit the CX-9's middle row captains chairs. I checked out Mazda's official options even though they would have been spendy but could find a match there either.

Seems like a few of us Dads have the CX-9 bug, any leads on a seat cover than can hold up to 2 year old footwear?

Thanks!

When he is in the CX-9 take off his shoes.

Are you looking for a full seat cover or just a kick mat ? I have been using these for a few years in my 2018 CX-9 with bench seat. They work both on the back of the front seat when the car seat is facing forward and on the middle row seat when the car seat is facing backward (between the kid car seat and the seat back.

but they only cover the vertical surface, they won't protect the seat bottom if you kid is climbing on it with its boots, etc.

Thanks for the link, going to look into these for my 3 year old.

Now, does anyone make something similar for the door panel armrests? :cautious::cautious: lol

Thanks all! Winters in Minnesota mean taking off all my son's footwear in the car just isn't practical.

The links to the kick mats are awesome and in the short term probably the way to go. There's so many of these things out that that its great to have a few leads.

I admit long term some seat covers would be fun too. Curious if there's any recommendations there as well?

Strictly from a car seat, toddler kick protector, I use the Munchkin Brica in the CX5 Sig that we have. Was pretty cheap, "crash tested" and installs in about 5 seconds by clipping around the headrest posts.

Keeps the Nappa leather fresh :)

Strictly from a car seat, toddler kick protector, I use the Munchkin Brica in the CX5 Sig that we have. Was pretty cheap, "crash tested" and installs in about 5 seconds by clipping around the headrest posts.

Keeps the Nappa leather fresh :)
Sorry for taking so long to reply, Thanks for the recommendation! I picked up a set and they work fantastic.

I ordered/returned a couple different kick mats until I came across these:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078WNK65J/

Nice thick, leather-ish material. Simple pockets, with a snap button, and bungee hooks for hooking underneath seat.

Attachments

• IMG-6469.jpg
    IMG-6469.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 90
Back