2007~2015 CX-9 Aftermarket Deck/Stereo question

:
Mazda CX 9 GT 2007
In my 2007 Mazda CX-9 I have installed a aftermarket deck/stereo and even installed a wiring harnesses to go to the aftermarket deck to the OEM wiring harness for the Bose sound system. Every time my battery dies I have to plug in the OEM deck to let the aftermarket one take over again.

Is there anyway to prevent or stop this from happening?

What interface harness did you use? The PAC RP4-MZ11 or iDataLink Maestro RR would almost certainly prevent what you're describing.

Upvote 0
I just read the instructions for that interface. It even says in the instructions that the way that one is designed, yup, you have to use the factory radio to set the clock and whatnot. OOF.

The two interfaces I mentioned, PAC and iDataLink, that's not necessary.

Upvote 0
I just read the instructions for that interface. It even says in the instructions that the way that one is designed, yup, you have to use the factory radio to set the clock and whatnot. OOF.

The two interfaces I mentioned, PAC and iDataLink, that's not necessary.
So my understanding is that every time my battery dies I have to hook up my OEM deck just to listen to music?

Upvote 0
You have to to set the clock for sure, it says that right in the harness' manual. As far as listening to music, it doesn't say anything about that, though. It is indeed a puzzling issue.

From whom did you buy the radio and harness? Maybe they can give you some support. (This is why buying from a reputable authorized reseller like Crutchfield or your local car stereo shop instead of eBay or Amazon is important.)

Upvote 0
You have to to set the clock for sure, it says that right in the harness' manual. As far as listening to music, it doesn't say anything about that, though. It is indeed a puzzling issue.

From whom did you buy the radio and harness? Maybe they can give you some support. (This is why buying from a reputable authorized reseller like Crutchfield or your local car stereo shop instead of eBay or Amazon is important.)
I purchased the Harness from a audio shop, hopefully if I call them I can get some answers, I’m not worried about changing to time on the OEM screen but it really sucks when I can’t play music after my vehicle dies. I have to hook up the OEM deck to let my aftermarket deck play the music

Upvote 0
Back