2016~2023 CX-9 Aftermarket Center Console Recommendations?

Wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket center console that will work in between the second row captains chairs in a 2021 Carbon CX-9, thanks.

Came on here wondering the same thing. It's not worth the extra $$ for me to get a Signature but how is my 5 year old going to reach her stuff??

Upvote 0
It’s not worth the 3-4K uptick, but sure would be nice to have. The one in the signature was really nice.
Of course, if I can find one, I’ll want it in red leather to match the interior of my carbon.

1st world problems I guess. Lol.

Upvote 0
I like the captains chairs. Adults or children have their own space, their own seats to adjust as they see fit. I don’t plan on using the 3rd row unless absolutely necessary.
The console give the passengers their own drink holders, place to put their phones and ideally, their own USB ports within reach.

mostly just a preference though. Adds to the luxury look of the merlot leather interior.

Upvote 0
Why not go with bench seat option then ? I don’t get why someone would get the captain chair but then fill that pass through with a center console. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose ? What am i missing ?
Lol. I have looked for a bench seat Grand Touring and can't seem to find one. It is supposed to be an option but you can't even build it that way on their site. Once my daughter is older and out of her child seat/boosters then it will work much better. I do love the captain's chairs, especially when I can put 2 adults there and send the kids to the 3rd. :)

Upvote 0
On a side note, how well do the captains fold down so you can transport big stuff? I'm upgrading from my 2010 Grand Touring to a 2021. I haven't fully checked out the features but take delivery next week. :)

Upvote 0
Lol. I have looked for a bench seat Grand Touring and can't seem to find one. It is supposed to be an option but you can't even build it that way on their site. Once my daughter is older and out of her child seat/boosters then it will work much better. I do love the captain's chairs, especially when I can put 2 adults there and send the kids to the 3rd. :)
I was just building one on their site. Default is second row power bench seat. You can add the captain’s chairs but that isn’t standard.

Upvote 0
I like the captains chairs. Adults or children have their own space, their own seats to adjust as they see fit. I don’t plan on using the 3rd row unless absolutely necessary.
The console give the passengers their own drink holders, place to put their phones and ideally, their own USB ports within reach.

mostly just a preference though. Adds to the luxury look of the merlot leather interior.
You get all that function with the bench seat too. The middle seat has a flip down part that has USB, cup holders, and a place for their phones. It’s a 60/40 split so each person can adjust their seat independently, but one person also adjusts the seat the “center console” is attached to.

I will agree that the captain’s chairs look more luxurious. If I had a driver and the CX-9 was the vehicle I chose, I’d want captain’s chairs. For kids and the occasional adults though, they don’t need to be in luxury. The bench seat does everything the console does but also gives you the flexibility of another seatbelt.

Upvote 0
Back