CX-5 Turbo - Remove Catalytic Convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to the forum.

I've been looking online and can't see any cat bypass pipes for sale.

Has anyone removed the catalytic convertor on their CX-5 Turbo?

Where does the cat live? Is it on the manifold? Or further down the exhaust?

I'm wondering if it's possible to make up a pipe? Then space the 02 sensor to avoid engine codes?

TIA,
Cinders.
Question...

The catalytic convertor lives immediately after the turbo as an integrated component of the downpipe as in most modern turbo vehicles.

I'm sure it's possible to make a catless downpipe, but since this is a mainstream crossover I don't think there is much market for one, hence the lack of an aftermarket offering. I'd recommend just leaving the cat in place and letting it do its job of reducing emissions. Stricter regulation and enforcement is even causing big tuning companies like APR to discontinue their "Stage 2" offerings with downpipes that remove the cats.
Answer...

I think there are 2 cats for the 2.5T. One connected just after the turbo and one further downstream in the midpipe area. Take a look under your CUV, it should be pretty obvious.
Answer...

Thanks for the replies. I'll get the car up on ramps and take a look.
OP Response...

Then off the rails we go...

We're here to help each other, not critique, judge and or derail threads. Please keep this in mind before posting, thank you.

Thread closed and note the following Site Rules and Guidelines...
  • d ) The act of intentionally posting inflammatory threads or replies for no other purpose than inciting or provoking others, also known as "trolling", is strictly prohibited. Mazdas247 has a zero tolerance policy towards trolling, meaning users who engage in such activity can be immediately and permanently banned without warning.

• f ) The creation of useless threads and replies for any reason, especially for increasing your post count, is prohibited.

• g ) Forum threads are to remain On Topic. Intentionally causing a forum thread to go Off Topic (aka derailing a thread) is strictly prohibited and may result in infractions and or being banned.

• c ) Be tolerant of new members who are unfamiliar with how Mazdas247 is set up or with the search function. Politely give them the information they seek.

• d ) Be respectful of others at all times. The purpose of Mazdas247 is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back