CX-5 Sales continue to set records

That is a slightly restyled Mazda3 hatch with an AWD option. The side swoop is gone, the taillights and the badge under the rear window have been pulled back a few inches to make the tail end a little bit squarer, and there is a chrome strip running between the taillights like the CX-9. On the inside, they're virtually identical. This is what the CX-3 should have been. They should have just called the sedan version the Mazda3, added an AWD option to the hatch and called it the CX-3. They would have owned the subcompact CUV segment.

Here are some cargo volume sizes:
Mazda CX-4: ~400L (AWD)
Mazda3 hatch: 572L
Mazda3 sedan: 351L
Mazda CX-3: 286L with AWD, 351L with FWD

Last edited:
Its actually a few inches longer than CX5 and about 5" lower but still boasts 7.6" of clearance. I see better fuel mileage and handling in a sexier albeit less utilitarian package- no question they should bring this here and don't forget the 2.5T option, manual trans and/or at least paddle shifters!

Last edited:
CX-3 can stay but its price should be lowered. This should be called CX-6 and priced a bit above the 5 with some added niceties and or sport trappings. You're welcome Mazda

Its the sexy slinky coupe-like version of the CX-5 (same wheelbase but overall a few inches longer) not a bigger more practical CX-3 although I understand that's what we'd like it to be.
One review said its essentially the X4 to the X3 which I have to agree but find this more appealing - would it fly here..idk I think it could but maybe we're not ready..yet.

Last edited:
It's the same platform as the Mazda3 and CX-5. From what I can see, the body is basically a restyling of the Mazda3 hatch to make it more closely resemble the latest CX-9 and CX-5. The interior looks nearly identical to the Mazda3. AWD is extra, but that should put the price somewhere in between the current Mazda3 5-door and the CX-5 I would think. The CX-4 name seemed appropriate.

Its actually a few inches longer than CX5 and about 5" lower but still boasts 7.6" of clearance. I see better fuel mileage and handling in a sexier albeit less utilitarian package- no question they should bring this here and don't forget the 2.5T option, manual trans and/or at least paddle shifters!

Yes, I have seen a couple when in China and 1) it looks even better in person and 2) it looks bigger than the CX-5. It basically looks like a wagon.

It does look like the Mazda3 platform version of the Mazda6 AWD wagon.

That's probably as wagony as it going to get from mazda and I went on Mazda China and there it was priced underneath the cx5..so they can call it cx-whatever in NA.. I'm in. Crow tastes ok when you cook it right!

Last edited:
That's probably as wagony as it going to get from mazda and I went on Mazda China and there it was priced underneath the cx5..so they can call it cx-whatever in NA.. I'm in. Crow tastes ok when you cook it right!
Just throw some ketchup on it. Good quality protein!

If they're not going to send us the 6 wagon, I'd certainly settle for that (with a G.D. stick).

If I am not mistaken the CX-4 is related to CX-5 which of course is from Mazda3/Mazda6 platform combination

^You're not..I guess I was just shocked that they positioned a better looking (subjectively) version of the CX-5 that's physically a tad larger tip to tail beneath its SUV brother rather than above it. I guess not every car company's ethos are that of complete $ ***** sellouts- BMW X6 anyone?

NOVEMBER 2017 Sales figures Australia:

Mazda CX-5 has climbed to 5th place in overall car sales in Australia for November 2017:
1.Toyota Hilux, 2.Ford Ranger, 3.Toyota Corolla, 4.Mazda 3, 5.Mazda CX-5

Looks like the new CX-5 is gaining steam again to retain its crown as most popular SUV. Overall Mazda still sits 2nd for car sales in Australia behind Toyota. Not bad for a small company.

NOVEMBER 2017 Sales figures Australia:

Mazda CX-5 has climbed to 5th place in overall car sales in Australia for November 2017:
1.Toyota Hilux, 2.Ford Ranger, 3.Toyota Corolla, 4.Mazda 3, 5.Mazda CX-5

Looks like the new CX-5 is gaining steam again to retain its crown as most popular SUV. Overall Mazda still sits 2nd for car sales in Australia behind Toyota. Not bad for a small company.

Excellent news.

Tell me where are you getting this info (scratch) Major car blog/review websites haven't published this info (uhm)

Back