CX-5 Sales continue to set records

In the USA, the November sales were 10,610 versus 8,865 from last year. That is not bad at all. Almost a 20% increase.

In the USA, the November sales were 10,610 versus 8,865 from last year. That is not bad at all. Almost a 20% increase.

The CX9 had a nice YoY sales increase as well.

Good to see the sales numbers are improving in the US. New model seem to be ever more popular than the previous gen or maybe crossovers are generally gaining popularity these days. Looking forward to the production debut of the HCCI tech.. and then the new CX in the US.

Crossovers are definitely gaining popularity. CX-5 sales have been pretty solid ever since the new model came out. But the CX-9 has really struggled. It's good to finally see a bump up in CX-9 sales, and it's only carrying a modest incentive, generally less than its competitors.

So Mazda sold 14,097 CX-5's in December up from 11,989 in 2016. For the year, they sold 127,563 CX-5, roughly a 13% increase from the prior year. Overall, a very solid sales increase in 2017.

What do you mean "the badge"? I think it's more of the step child syndrome. Mazda focuses on the CX-5 more then any other. Ever go to Mazdas site and see the animation opening video of a CX-3? No. Has the headline ever in the past 2 years been about the 3? No.

Australian Sales figures for 2017

Capture.jpg

CX3 continues to fizzle. Interesting comparison, but I think the main reason is simply the badge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2018/01/04/toyota-mazda-cx3-yaris-sales-analysis/

The problem with the CX-3 is that it is just too small. No adult can sit in the back seat and be comfortable. When you compare the CX-3 to the Mazda 3, the 3 has more room, a bigger engine, and importantly, is dramatically cheaper. Mazda should increase the size of all their cars for the USA.

The problem with the CX-3 is that it is just too small. No adult can sit in the back seat and be comfortable. When you compare the CX-3 to the Mazda 3, the 3 has more room, a bigger engine, and importantly, is dramatically cheaper. Mazda should increase the size of all their cars for the USA.
Won't happen. Remember USA is not the one and only market. Other markets like Japan have taxes based on car sizes etc. Hence a reason the CX-9 is not sold there

I think the sales of CX5 continue to grow because a lot of people go for the CX3 at the dealership and when they seat on it, run out across the showroom to the CX5 as I did, lol.
The CX3 is based on the Mazda 2 and the CX 5 on the Mazda 3.

Simple as that..it still drives nice but costs too much per cu ft..I could probably get by with the space but the range sucks and my golf clubs don't come close to fitting without seat flippage.. that's a sin I can't forgive.

I think the sales of CX5 continue to grow because a lot of people go for the CX3 at the dealership and when they seat on it, run out across the showroom to the CX5 as I did, lol.
The CX3 is based on the Mazda 2 and the CX 5 on the Mazda 3.
Gawd, exact same story here. Went to. Buy a CX-3, came home with a CX-5.

Back