2017~2024 CX-5 roof rails/crossbars from ebay

These look like OE accessories.
If so, the only drawback is that the cross bars have fixed positions.
You cannot move them fore and back.

Those look really tempting! I didn't get OEMs because I'm leasing, but at this price, I would consider it.
Just try to put something longer than about 68" in the back of your CX-5.... Driving with the seat all the way forward is not fun, or safe. :)

Am I correct in assuming that they can be removed as desired, and the original covers put back on the tracks?

These look like OE accessories.
If so, the only drawback is that the cross bars have fixed positions.
You cannot move them fore and back.

The OEM Mazda roof rails and crossbars are fixed as well.

The OEM Mazda roof rails and crossbars are fixed as well.

Well, OE is OE. :)

We have the rails installed, since our dealer was getting all their early Signatures with them installed. Do they sell the crossbars separately, or did we get ripped off?

Yes. Cross bars and rails are sold separately.
Check this website here.
mazdaparts.org
(a Mazda dealer that supports this forum)

Am I correct in assuming that they can be removed as desired, and the original covers put back on the tracks?

Can be removed but it would take a few minutes to do so.
Each side of each bar is fixed to its rail by two bolts.
So, you need to remove 2x2x2 = 8 bolts.

Can be removed but it would take a few minutes to do so.
Each side of each bar is fixed to its rail by two bolts.
So, you need to remove 2x2x2 = 8 bolts.

I meant removing the rails themselves to put the car back the way it was before installation.

I meant removing the rails themselves to put the car back the way it was before installation.

As long as you don't damage the oem plastic when you remove it, it won't be an issue putting it back.

I see that their Application Chart stops at 2018.

Not having detailed specs in front of me, may I assume that there is no dimension or rail design change for 2019?

I see that their Application Chart stops at 2018.

Not having detailed specs in front of me, may I assume that there is no dimension or rail design change for 2019?

If you look at the fitment specs for OEM CX-5 rails on any website they are compatible with 2017-2019 CX-5's....

Meaning I would safely assume the ebay rails & cross bars on my initial post would be compatible with a 2019 CX-5.

If you look at the fitment specs for OEM CX-5 rails on any website they are compatible with 2017-2019 CX-5's....

Meaning I would safely assume the ebay rails & cross bars on my initial post would be compatible with a 2019 CX-5.

Thanks!

Well, OE is OE. :)

We have the rails installed, since our dealer was getting all their early Signatures with them installed. Do they sell the crossbars separately, or did we get ripped off?

If you go to Mazda's website on the Build Your Own section for the CX-5, as you progress through the steps you'll see the Roof Rack Side Rails are an extra $400, and the Crossbars are an extra $250. Factory installs for free. Dealers charge extra to put them on.

Here are the Crossbars only from the EBay seller the OP is talking about: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) $139 delivered.

Here are the ones from the OEM seller that Ceric referenced: https://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-crossbars-cx5.html His site says "Mazda List Price $194.96" (Confusing because Mazda says $250). He does not discount it, $194.96 is his delivered price.

I, too, only have roof rails right now.

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone has purchased any of the aftermarket crossbars that are silver in color, as I'm curious about the durability of the silver coating (whatever it may be...powdercoat, etc). I think I'd prefer the silver version to the flat black like the factory crossbars, even if the silver won't be a true match to the OEM side rails I already have installed.

Here's one example of the silver versions--identical in appearance to the OEM, but who knows about the quality and durability:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-US-Stock-Cross-Bar-for-Mazda-CX-5-CX5-2017-2018-Roof-Rack-Rail-Sliver/163321304797?fits=Year%3A2018%7CModel%3ACX-5&hash=item2606b556dd:g:pq4AAOSwBgZbyAOW

Just curious if anyone has purchased any of the aftermarket crossbars that are silver in color, as I'm curious about the durability of the silver coating (whatever it may be...powdercoat, etc). I think I'd prefer the silver version to the flat black like the factory crossbars, even if the silver won't be a true match to the OEM side rails I already have installed.

Here's one example of the silver versions--identical in appearance to the OEM, but who knows about the quality and durability:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-US-Stock-Cross-Bar-for-Mazda-CX-5-CX5-2017-2018-Roof-Rack-Rail-Sliver/163321304797?fits=Year%3A2018%7CModel%3ACX-5&hash=item2606b556dd:g:pq4AAOSwBgZbyAOW

According to the description of this product, the seller indicates that the cross bars are made of aluminum which are silver in color, naturally. He also indicates a 3 year warranty. Of course, the warranty and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

The very first thing you must do is ask the seller if the bars are painted or anodized. This is part of the process of self protection.

You have protection being an ebay purchaser. If the product turns out to be misrepresented, you are entitled to get your money back including the cost to ship the product back to the seller.

If I was you, I would not be afraid to get them if silver is your choice. Just be sure to check them out very carefully when you receive them and act quickly if there is a problem. You can always do a small scrape test on them to see if the finish is paint or anodizing.

I have been selling and purchasing from ebay for more than 20 years. In fact, I purchased my rails and cross bars from ebay and am more than satisfied with the quality. I also saved a huge bundle of cash by avoiding OEM pricing.

Last edited:
According to the description of this product, the seller indicates that the cross bars are made of aluminum which are silver in color, naturally. He also indicates a 3 year warranty. Of course, the warranty and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

The very first thing you must do is ask the seller if the bars are painted or anodized. This is part of the process of self protection.

You have protection being an ebay purchaser. If the product turns out to be misrepresented, you are entitled to get your money back including the cost to ship the product back to the seller.

If I was you, I would not be afraid to get them if silver is your choice. Just be sure to check them out very carefully when you receive them and act quickly if there is a problem. You can always do a small scrape test on them to see if the finish is paint or anodizing.

I have been selling and purchasing from ebay for more than 20 years. In fact, I purchased my rails and cross bars from ebay and am more than satisfied with the quality. I also saved a huge bundle of cash by avoiding OEM pricing.

David, appreciate the input and suggestions! I've also been purchasing (and to a much lesser degree, selling) on eBay for many years, but am always rather "caveat emptor" when it comes to non-OEM and not major brand products. Good point about asking the seller, and at least even if they are not fully honest I have that documentation if I need to use it.

I think my concern was prompted by what appears to be a black interior on the bars themselves and the end parts that connect to the roof rail. But, that could also just be a black plastic or nylon insert for where the bolts go and just normal shadowing on the bar itself.

David, appreciate the input and suggestions! I've also been purchasing (and to a much lesser degree, selling) on eBay for many years, but am always rather "caveat emptor" when it comes to non-OEM and not major brand products. Good point about asking the seller, and at least even if they are not fully honest I have that documentation if I need to use it.

I think my concern was prompted by what appears to be a black interior on the bars themselves and the end parts that connect to the roof rail. But, that could also just be a black plastic or nylon insert for where the bolts go and just normal shadowing on the bar itself.

Yep, when in doubt, always get documentation. You could even ask the seller if these bars are manufactured to OEM specs and quality.

I think you may just be seeing shadowing. However, as you probably already know, the bars you are looking at are considerably more expensive than the black powder coated ones available.

As far as name brands are concerned, most of the products like the bars and other, so called OEM items, are usually made by the same manufacturers that make the "No name" products for after market uses.

Like I said in my previous post, going through ebay gives you more rights as a buyer than the seller has, provided you have documented along the way through ebay correspondence.

Over the years, I have had to use the "Money back plus reimbursement for return shipping option" through ebay on 2 or three occasions without any delay. I even had one incident from an Asian seller who told me to just keep the items. It was not a huge amount of money and with him having to also reimburse me for return shipping, made it too expensive to do.

After you get your silver bars, be sure to post some pictures. Because my car is white, I preferred the black bars.

Last edited:
After you get your silver bars, be sure to post some pictures. Because my car is white, I preferred the black bars.

Thank you again! I'm still on the fence about getting crossbars at all right now, but will definitely post pics when/if I do. My last CX-5 was white, and I too liked the look of the black OEM crossbars on it. Even with the black in contrast to the white top, they seemed to fall into the background when on probably because of all the black trim elsewhere on the vehicle.....

Back