CX-5 Resale value

How hard would heated seats be? (OEM)

Oh, not hard...it can all be added later, lol!

Seriously though, adding stuff is $$$$$$$$$$$$ Either buy it with it, or forget about it. Especially on cheaper vehicles. NAV is about the only exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How hard would heated seats be? (OEM)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a guy put an aftermarket heat element in my wife's Santa Fe's drivers seat last year. It cost $250. Both front seats would have been $450. The seat worked great and got hot before she got out of our development. I would do that again if I needed a seat to become heated.

did my drivers set for 30$ in parts dropped the seat off at a shop did it for 100$ labor wired myself

It seems dealers in Chicago are asking crazy amounts for the 6MT. Looking for something under 50k miles and see most 2013's starting at 16-17k. Meanwhile my 2013 Elantra GT with a MSRP of $23k is only selling for $12-13k.

If I could find a 13-14 with under 50k on the clock and around 13-14k, I'd buy it.

I bought a new CX-5. The used ones that were nice were too close to new price. Didn't make sense to buy used, new was too close in cost.

I bought a new CX-5. The used ones that were nice were too close to new price. Didn't make sense to buy used, new was too close in cost.

That's really odd, IMO. My used one cost $21,XXX. 2015 Touring AWD 2.5L. MSRP was what, $27k-ish?

That's really odd, IMO. My used one cost $21,XXX. 2015 Touring AWD 2.5L. MSRP was what, $27k-ish?

Nah, its definitely possible because it was the same case with me. Used 15 GT AWD with tech with like 17k miles was around 27k. For a few thousand more, I got all the great upgrades that can be had in a 2016.

Nah, its definitely possible because it was the same case with me. Used 15 GT AWD with tech with like 17k miles was around 27k. For a few thousand more, I got all the great upgrades that can be had in a 2016.

Interesting. I admit, I was just looking at the bottom line/smallest note, and didn't really care what the vehicle offered so long as it had NAV, an automatic (SUV), and was reliable. The mileage was a good thing (I am getting around 5-7mpg more with my CX5 than my HEMI powered Jeep, and it takes cheaper gas, to boot!)

Interesting. I admit, I was just looking at the bottom line/smallest note, and didn't really care what the vehicle offered so long as it had NAV, an automatic (SUV), and was reliable. The mileage was a good thing (I am getting around 5-7mpg more with my CX5 than my HEMI powered Jeep, and it takes cheaper gas, to boot!)

I use to HAVE to have nav, but now I feel like I don't need it. It just happens that I usually end up buying the upper trims, that it comes with it. I just know that Google maps/navigation is just so much better but I always feel like I should use my cars gps, because well it's there. But inside I know Google is better, especially with the live traffic integration that works so damn well.

But yeah, I was pretty much set on a used 15. But with the miles and condition I wanted, they hung around the 26-27k range. Yeah you gotta be saving a good chunk of change from that switch.

I use to HAVE to have nav, but now I feel like I don't need it. It just happens that I usually end up buying the upper trims, that it comes with it. I just know that Google maps/navigation is just so much better but I always feel like I should use my cars gps, because well it's there. But inside I know Google is better, especially with the live traffic integration that works so damn well.

But yeah, I was pretty much set on a used 15. But with the miles and condition I wanted, they hung around the 26-27k range. Yeah you gotta be saving a good chunk of change from that switch.
Nav should have livee traffic, auto re route, and nice Nav systems have Google Street view integrated with the Nav in the vehicle so yiu can see the intersection you are at, etc.

...but it seems mazda didn't get the memo on what a good Nav should do. So I use my ohine, hooked to Bluetooth and use voice prompts vs. Forking over 500 bucks for Mazda's Nav card.

Don't think many people actually pay MSRP. So that 27K was probably out the door for more like 25K.

Back