CX-5 Rear sway bar end link options?

:
2015 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/ Mazda3 18 rims
I'm trying to decide between Mazda genuine OEM, Moog, and Mevotech TTX. I made the mistake of not replacing them when installing a corksport sway bar. Now one is shot won't fully tighten.

I'm trying to decide between Mazda genuine OEM, Moog, and Mevotech TTX. I made the mistake of not replacing them when installing a corksport sway bar. Now one is shot won't fully tighten.
And read this:
Here are the OEM part numbers:
  1. Stabilizer Link Nut (9YB0-41-031): Need (2) per Sway Bar End Link. I bought a total of (8) since I purchased one for each wheel.
  2. Sway Bar End Link (KD35-34-170): Front (Driver/Passenger)
  3. Sway Bar End Link (KD31-28-190): Rear (Driver)
  4. Sway Bar End Link (KD31-28-170): Rear (Passenger)
They cost about the same if not less than the ones from Rock Auto so I didn't really see the point of purchasing aftermarket ones. I have no plans to replace the front ones anytime soon unless they have lots of play in them or they're broken.

Here's the rest of the story. When installing the sway bar my mechanic is of the mindset stiffer is always better. I used a corksport bar. He put it on it's stiffest setting. It seems like factory end links were the weakest link!:ROFLMAO: That being said there appear to be no good choices other than OEM. So should I just get OEM links and have him back off on the stiffness setting? Rockauto, O'Reilly's and NAPA sell Mevotech premium line. The company has allegedly been around for 38 years. I find zero reviews of them for Mazdas at least. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...ension,stabilizer+bar+end+link+/+bushing,7580

I used Mevotech LCA's on my MZ3, and had zero issues. And, they cost 1/4th what the OEM's did. So there's that.

I know it's two different parts on two different cars, but just sharing some company experience.

Last edited:
It doesn't help that most of these companies have a best product line and a junk product line. Which product line of Moog did you get? What happened? Did you have to swap it out for OEM?

For the MZ3, there was only one Moog choice. I'm pretty sure it was the R, which I should have known better.

The only worse suspension part that I bought for that car were Monroe Quick struts. TRASH. Absolute TRASH. They are so bad, I knew I made a mistake pulling out of the driveway in my test drive. Yup.

Rockauto lists Moog K series for front and rear of the Mazda3 and also the Mevotech premium for the front. I have Koni Special Actives from tire rack on my CX-5. I love them. I believe KYB is the OEM for shocks and struts.

Back