2017~2024 CX-5 Fix point roof molding setup?

Hi, we have a 2017 (facelift) CX-5 and I want to fit my roof box on but finding it hard to get accurate info on what will fit for the fix point roof moldings..?

We previously had a CX-5 2014 model and this had the fix points accessible so I had a Thule aerobar setup. I've ordered the roof moldings from mazda for the fixpoint access but nowhere seems to provide info on what Thule footpacks etc will work with this?

Will the fixpoints be different to the 2013-2016 model? Has anyone acheived this and know what parts are required?

Thanks.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply on an old thread! So the Thule Footpack 753 connects directly to the mounting points under the weatherstripping - you didn't use an additional fit kit? Does your setup interfere with the fin antenna or block sunroof operation at all? Any idea what width your wingbar is? Looks like the 46/47" one is recommended, but I was concerned it would be a little narrow.

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks for the quick reply on an old thread! So the Thule Footpack 753 connects directly to the mounting points under the weatherstripping - you didn't use an additional fit kit? Does your setup interfere with the fin antenna or block sunroof operation at all? Any idea what width your wingbar is? Looks like the 46/47" one is recommended, but I was concerned it would be a little narrow.
Hey, no worries. Yes, it's the 47". Footpack connects direct to mounting points, we needed to buy new moulding strips to accommodate this as the factory installed ones don't allow the fitment.

No interference with antenna, we have the Thule pacific 200 roof box which is a fair size and I've also managed to have my road bike roof mounted next it on a set of seasucker roof mounts that i use. Good luck with it.

Upvote 0
Hey, no worries. Yes, it's the 47". Footpack connects direct to mounting points, we needed to buy new moulding strips to accommodate this as the factory installed ones don't allow the fitment.

No interference with antenna, we have the Thule pacific 200 roof box which is a fair size and I've also managed to have my road bike roof mounted next it on a set of seasucker roof mounts that i use. Good luck with it.
Which fit kit did you use? The 753 connects to the bars but needs a fit kit to connect to the car right?

Upvote 0
I'm looking at this for my CX5 2020 Akera. If I read the thread correctly, it looks like OP is using the Fit Kit from their 2014 CX5 KE model on their 2017 CX5 KF model.

OP says they are using Thule Rapid System 753 - so the Fit Kit would be 183069

I read somewhere else that the Rapid System is being phased out for the Fixpoint EVO. So, I'm thinking the Thule Fit Kit 187006 > this works with Evo Feet > Thule Fixpoint Evo 710700.

Problem with my CX5 is that the fixed points are hidden by cover rails that do not have caps in it - so i need to drill a hole to expose the fixed points. This post was useful for Thule Fixed Point > Guide - Thule Fixed Point Fit Guide for 2017 CX-5 (Unofficial)

Upvote 0
Back