CX-5 Changes 2019 vs 2024?

Yes. I think the new headlights can do it they are just not programmed.
That would be very stupid by Mazda that they put in the expensive ALH hardware but not enable it since it’s now legal in the US.

Also, you can add extra insulation for very little cost. The 2017+ gen is already one of the quietest vehicles in its class from the factory with its underbody panels, felt coated wheel wells, double door seals, and laminated windshield and front windows. I added some extra insulation in the cargo area, it's easy. All you need to do is remove a few 10mm bolts and pull the covers of the rear interior cargo area out - you don't even really need a pry tool to do it.
What exact things did you do to help insulation? Was it only in the rear interior cargo area?

What exact things did you do to help insulation? Was it only in the rear interior cargo area?

I did a few things. I added some rubberized undercoating to the underside of the hood (engine cover already has insulation), and added insulation to the rear interior cargo area (easy). The biggest improvement is switching to 5W-30. The vehicle is quiet already from double door seals and laminated glass, but it took it to the next level. Others have reported the same observation.

Latest posts

Back