CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Here's something I bought from an online place. It was about $15.

It really works pretty well, but if you want the most stable and level surface the steering wheel needs to be "upside down".
@Mazdiod2 What was this item called, in case others want to try it?

Here's something I bought from an online place. It was about $15.

It really works pretty well, but if you want the most stable and level surface the steering wheel needs to be "upside down".
Got the same thing from Amazon (though mine is black) last year when we couldn't go into food places while on long trips. Love it & it works great - the only downside being storing it if you have a car-full of folks.

Just $12 now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

This is actually quite useful, as we hauled some firewood. The "flap" was useful to keep the load from scratching the rear hatch interior and the again to drape over the bumper as we unloaeded. The cover also extends to the back of the rear seats, useful as we hauled multiple loads of 3 cu ft bags of hardwood mulch. The plastic sheets given to you by the nursery to protect your seatbacks often do not stay in place as they are throwing the bags in the back to get a row of bags on the folded back seats before they create another row of bags in the actual cargo area.

Interesting that it says no longer available for purchase since I just got one about two months ago.

as of this post med center mazda has the above cargo area liner for sale:

amazon has the one that I believe would work also, but has a slightly different part number:

This is actually quite useful, as we hauled some firewood. The "flap" was useful to keep the load from scratching the rear hatch interior and the again to drape over the bumper as we unloaeded. The cover also extends to the back of the rear seats, useful as we hauled multiple loads of 3 cu ft bags of hardwood mulch. The plastic sheets given to you by the nursery to protect your seatbacks often do not stay in place as they are throwing the bags in the back to get a row of bags on the folded back seats before they create another row of bags in the actual cargo area.

Interesting that it says no longer available for purchase since I just got one about two months ago.

you may have gotten one of, or the last one.

Add another vote for the convex mirrors. After trying several thin, plain ones that eventually go bad after a year or two, I've started using the convex mirrors that have a rotating base so you can adjust the angle a bit. They seem to last forever. I have 3 cars (CX5, Miata and Integra) and use the same adjustable convex mirrors on all of them.

amazon has the one that I believe would work also, but has a slightly different part number:
According to Med Center, the R05 mat is for 13-16 models.

Yes, Med Center Mazda still has them. They also have them listed on eBay. Everywhere else I checked said discontinued. I bought one from Med Center's web site, added wiper blade inserts which I needed anyway & got free FedEx shipping. Had it in 2 days. Their listing on eBay had a hefty (IMO) shipping charge.

what rear bumper guard are people using?

Took a chance on these all weather mats, perfect fit, nice quality.

Last edited:
Well, there's very few 'must have' as titles. For me the only must have is PPF, which is one of the few thing which will add or maintain value. As opposed to spending $1,000 on lights and "show off" mods. YMMV

@greendemon
If in the future you are in a rush, or you want to do a bit of research during odd hours of the day .. you might check out the knowledge sharing document which had the part numbers mentioned by @yrwei52 documented

A bit late to this party, but a good site to be pointed to. Thank you

Well, there's very few 'must have' as titles. For me the only must have is PPF, which is one of the few thing which will add or maintain value. As opposed to spending $1,000 on lights and "show off" mods. YMMV
@hal2
I'm showing my ignorance here, but what does PPF and YMMV mean.
Thanks

As much as I like nice stuff (I've always bought the brand stuff Husky and Weathertech) I've found the generic cut-to-fit cargo liners just as functional very good. I cut them about an inch bigger and turn up the sides to make a lip

I just upgraded some stuff on my 2022 CX-5 PP...
- bought the Mazda all weather mats
- Mazda wheel locks
- just had the front 2 driver/passenger windows tinted with IR Ceramic
- had some PPF (clear plastic guard) put on the top of my rear bumper ($50)
- just ordered a dash cam and donger for clean installation

I just upgraded some stuff on my 2022 CX-5 PP...
- bought the Mazda all weather mats
- Mazda wheel locks
- just had the front 2 driver/passenger windows tinted with IR Ceramic
- had some PPF (clear plastic guard) put on the top of my rear bumper ($50)
- just ordered a dash cam and donger for clean installation

I removed the Mazda wheel locks when I brought our new CX home.

I could have given you mine...

Anyone know of some good cup expanders that could help the cup holder hold a yeti?

I added a third cup holder with a piece of steel attached to the inside of the chair track, works a treat! Nice addition for ~$10

tempImageHuhIm5.jpg

Back