CX-30 Turbo Low Oil Light (only 4671 miles)

I'm new to this format.

My low engine oil warning came on at 4671 miles, called dealer, dealer told me they didn't have a appointment for three weeks, seemed uninterested and unconcerned. I checked the oil when engine cooled down dipstick indicated one quart low brought oil added one quart of oil light is off. I'm so angry I could chew nails.
Robert

I'm new to this format.

My low engine oil warning came on at 4671 miles, called dealer, dealer told me they didn't have a appointment for three weeks, seemed uninterested and unconcerned. I checked the oil when engine cooled down dipstick indicated one quart low brought oil added one quart of oil light is off. I'm so angry I could chew nails.
Robert

Contact the service manager and voice your concerns. If that seems to fall on deaf ears, you can contact the dealership general manager or owner. Above that, if you still aren't satisfied, get in touch with Mazda Corporate and open a ticket with them.

It sounds like either the oil was underfilled from the factory, or you may have an oil consumption issue. Typically what they will do is recommend topping up the oil, then monitoring the oil level periodically (maybe every time you fuel up). If the issue persists, they should look into it further (i.e. book an appt for you to leave it with them so they can check for leaks).

Alternatively, if you have multiple dealers near you, you can try contacting one of them to see if you can bring the car in.

Upvote 0
I'm new to this format.

Robert
What year is your CX-30?

Upvote 0
MAZDA has a TSB out for excessive oil consumption for my 2021 GTR. It appears that the valve guide seals were at fault. Since most manufactures consider 1q/1000 miles normal, I doubt anything will be done for an engine that uses less than a Q in 2,000 miles. I also am a disgusted as a 2021 MAZDA owner with an oil burner. Reminds me of my fathers vehicle where he always had a quart of oil in the car so he could top up when low-back in the 70s. or was it the 60s.

Upvote 0
Back