Custom Performance Engineering's complete SPEED6 tuning solution

im waiting on mine , i have an ms3 , can't wait .... how is it before you get it dyno tuned and how is the install thanks for any feed back ms6mike

im waiting on mine , i have an ms3 , can't wait .... how is it before you get it dyno tuned and how is the install thanks for any feed back ms6mike

3 hours install! easy and the car feals better than stock with the ems plus you gain boost to redline!

These cars are fast enough as it is. You guys should have bough EVOs and STis if you want to get a lot of power out of mods.

I had an EVO and it was pushing 380whp and 410wtq at 26psi on stock turbo and IC with only about 3grand in mods.

Whatever you guys do, don't go for high numbers just to achieve a high number. Like Jordan said, you have to look into the safety of your motor as well.

These cars are fast enough as it is. You guys should have bough EVOs and STis if you want to get a lot of power out of mods.

I had an EVO and it was pushing 380whp and 410wtq at 26psi on stock turbo and IC with only about 3grand in mods.

Whatever you guys do, don't go for high numbers just to achieve a high number. Like Jordan said, you have to look into the safety of your motor as well.

men, some people wanted a luxury as well as speed! its just to fun to beat on a evo or sti! and still have a nice intirior! (drive2)

men, some people wanted a luxury as well as speed! its just to fun to beat on a evo or sti! and still have a nice intirior! (drive2)

If my interior is luxury, then I want my money back. It's not bad, but it's not luxury either.

Saw a brand new RS4 (no s***, really) this morning. Old fat guy going 65. I can't spend the $70K to get one but I can sure mod the hell out of my speed6 and try to get there... Oh, and I don't have a warranty - not b/c I've been told by Mazda or anything but b/c I'm honest and take responsibility for my actions. Now that being said, if my windows stop working, I'll expect Mazda to fix it. The turbo seal problem is bit of a tweener. Yeah, I have a DP, cai, and FMIC and I'm running around at 17 psi but, the turbo is only pushing out 17 psi (not the 18.6 psi it does stock) and it's getting air easier and moving exhaust away from it easier. I can't see how the mods I've done would be detrimental to the turbo. The pistons, rings, rods, maybe. The turbo should be fine. If people with stock cars have smoke then that's evidence that the turbo has a problem. My friend's speed6 smoked the moment he drove off with his CPE catback. That was (and is) his only mod. IMO the turbo is faulty on some cars and should be replaced by Mazda for what is clearly a known issue, modded or not.

Saw a brand new RS4 (no s***, really) this morning. Old fat guy going 65. I can't spend the $70K to get one but I can sure mod the hell out of my speed6 and try to get there... Oh, and I don't have a warranty - not b/c I've been told by Mazda or anything but b/c I'm honest and take responsibility for my actions. Now that being said, if my windows stop working, I'll expect Mazda to fix it. The turbo seal problem is bit of a tweener. Yeah, I have a DP, cai, and FMIC and I'm running around at 17 psi but, the turbo is only pushing out 17 psi (not the 18.6 psi it does stock) and it's getting air easier and moving exhaust away from it easier. I can't see how the mods I've done would be detrimental to the turbo. The pistons, rings, rods, maybe. The turbo should be fine. If people with stock cars have smoke then that's evidence that the turbo has a problem. My friend's speed6 smoked the moment he drove off with his CPE catback. That was (and is) his only mod. IMO the turbo is faulty on some cars and should be replaced by Mazda for what is clearly a known issue, modded or not.

I haven't seen anyone with smoke that also is completely stock yet.

I already have the cash sitting on my desk now, my GF lent it to me hehe as I'm broke after having to fix the turbo, had the smoking issue. I'm going to buy this new PnP EMS the day it comes out.
CP-E Please don't make me wait too long and I think 700 is not a bad price.

Simon

I already have the cash sitting on my desk now, my GF lent it to me hehe as I'm broke after having to fix the turbo, had the smoking issue. I'm going to buy this new PnP EMS the day it comes out.
CP-E Please don't make me wait too long and I think 700 is not a bad price.

Simon
I don't think they have released the final pricing for the PnP tuner, but I wouldn't expect it to be $700.....

MS3 Piggy back technical question

Hi there will you offer a possible Garret GT30R turbo upgrade kit in conjunction with your ECU piggyback for the MS3 and since there are alot of different types of modifications like RP,DP,CAI and 93 octane fuel,what could we expect as far as the preprogrammed/dialed piggy backs are concerned.Here in South Florida 93 Octane is widely available and thats what i use for my MS3.Thanx

I came across an interesting comparison product or a route that you might want to take or consider since it was a major challenge and issue tuning it.Here some info on the HPF E46 M3 EMS that is a fully pnp stand alone that works in conjusnction with the original ECU.ENginer from AEM helped them crack the stock Siemens ECU and mapped it for them anyway here is some info.Now a system like this on
the Speed3 would be wonderfull with 93 Octane fuel.'

Take one look at the engine management pictures and you'll see that this is no ordinary Horsepower System. Designing and creating an engine management system to run the S54 engine was not a simple task and required a joint development effort between HorsepowerFreaks and AEM. In fact two AEM engineers relocated from California and now work for HorsepowerFreaks in Portland, Oregon. They are both primarily responsible for designing most of the components for these amazing Horsepower kits. The electronics included with every kit are completely plug-n-play and even come affixed to mounting brackets to safely secure them to your M3. To ensure each install goes without incident, every wire is labeled, every connector uses heat shrink wrap, every wire is wire-loomed, in several places shielded wire is used, ring terminals are already attached and labeled, and fuses are affixed to the bracket and pre-wired. The fuel pump and oil pump relays are also attached to the bracket and pre-wired, the high end AEM 3.5 bar map sensors for the boost gauge and EMS are affixed to the bracket and pre-wired and the exact BMW connectors for plug-n-play operation are attached, loomed and pre-wired. Even the race fuel switch is pre-wired with a connector, the intake air temp sensor is pre-wired and labeled and simply screws into their intake manifold which is also labeled, the boost control solenoid is also pre-wired and labeled, and the fuel pump trigger is pre-wired that turns the extra fuel pump on at 3psi. Wow, with nearly everything all pre-wired, this installation is sure to be a breeze

We developed our own plug-n-play M3 engine management system that works in conjunction with the stock DME in a seamless environment. Unlike some other E46 M3 boosted applications where the throttle cable is removed or dash functionality has been compromised, our system allows every original component to still work and function as designed. Our kit completely eliminates the need for the power robbing MAF sensor and allows significantly more air flow into the engine. Our electronics also provide precise advance/retard control of both cams (dual vanos) based on both rpm and boost allowing greater power gains during forced induction. Precise timing and fuel control is calibrated based on any number of factors including the environment, altitude, gear selection, boost, road conditions, etc. Our engine management also provides optimal control of our 750cc high impedance injectors and is able to utilize the stock coil packs and spark plugs without requiring an auxilary ignition system.

Our kit is completely plug n play from the electronics to the entire turbo kit itself. Every kit comes with all of the electronics pre-assembled. The main black bracket simply bolts in with 4 supplied bolts to pre-existing holes in the engine bay on the passenger side near the front windshield. The rest of the connectors and components simply plug right in. Every wire is labelled, every connector has heat shrink wrap, every wire is wire-loomed, in several places shielded wire is used, ring terminals are already attached and labeled, fuses are affixed to the bracket and pre-wired, the fuel pump and oil pump relays are attached to the bracket and pre-wired, the high end AEM 3.5 bar map sensors for the boost gauge and EMS are affixed to the bracket and pre-wired, the exact BMW connector is attached, loomed and pre-wired, the race fuel switch is pre-wired with a connector, the intake air temp sensor is pre-wired and labeled and simply screws into our intake manifold which is also labeled, the boost control solenoid is also pre-wired and labeled, and the fuel pump trigger is pre-wired that turns the extra fuel pump on at 3psi. The EMS comes programmed for the car, and is already calibrated for every sensor used and the rest of the turbo system

Attachments

• BMW_M3_HPF_Turbo_8.jpg
    BMW_M3_HPF_Turbo_8.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 252
  • HPFEMSFlat.jpg
    HPFEMSFlat.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 219
Back