Custom Battery Tie Down

Awesome news to hear. I thought this item was a lost cause.... Good to see that something might come about. Great job Joe!!

ok, we hooked up and my friends going to make up a test piece by friday. i'll get it on my car and take a pic of it for your "look see"...i'm basing it on the previous design...
battery1.jpg

we can also do some designs and get them anodized in different colors too! see ya friday!

Great to see!!! Id still like mine to be anodized red. If your friend does other anodizing/powdercoating work, let us (me in particular) know.

okay, one step at a time...i want to keep this affordable and the guy doing this still needs to mak some money too! let's get the product made, see what all the relevant costs are and we'll decide from there...fair enough?

looking forward to reporting back to you guys tonight or tomorrow on my friends progress...i'm hoping to have a mock up to show you on my car...stay tuned!

*subscribes*

I'm freakin sick of my stock tie-down.. hopefully this one can fit with my corksport strut tower brace.. though I can always switch back to the original brace, it was just as good IMO.

steve_protege said:
Didn't mean to get ahead of myself there. Thanks for what you're doing right now.

haha, no prob...i met with him yesterday, he has a bunch of blanks cut out and he needed to take another measurement...he's doing the prototype in sheet metal befor he cuts up the good material...i'd think we'll have something to look at soon...like everyone, he's got a busy life but he is working on it and i'm hopeful!! :)

okay, her is the prototype...the bracket will come with the acorn nuts and an aluminum tube to go around your threaded rod. i'm looking for your ideas on what would make this look nice...besides colors...the mazda logo, some lines going length wise to dress it up..? cut the corners on more of an angle, the price range will end up somewhere around $80...color will be a bit more...we're thinking if we get paid orders of 20+ we could save every one 5 bucks or so...shipping will be a flat fee, got weigh it, but it can't be a whole lot...anyway, let me know your thoughts, thanks! mark

Attachments

• new battery tie down 1.jpg
    new battery tie down 1.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 144
  • new battery tie down 2.jpg
    new battery tie down 2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 150
damn if I wasn't getting a battery box I'd be all over this. Design looks very good and hopefully this will go farther then the last attempt.

Very nice!....but my stud in the shock tower broke....now I just have a hole....have to figure out a way to bolt it there again...

can we gat custom engraving? i might want to get MP3 engraved in mine. What about two tone color?

Back