Custom Battery Tie Down

bazooka joe said:
(poke) ideas anyone?
the only thing I can think of that would fit in that limited space would be the acutal mazda logo(not the M logo,the acutal name mazda), in their specifc letter type. The M logo wouldn't be big enough, and lines down the middle are well... just lines down the middle. (poke)

also interested in the tiedown and fuse cover. Btw, my optima acutaly didn't come with that plastic piece that raises the battery up a bit so it sits waay down there. Is the hookbar going to be threaded down enough so that it can still secure the battery? Thanks.

Last edited:
this set is for the standard battery or optima style with plastic "stand"...we can engrave each and the mazda logo would be engraved also so we can scale it down. i'm going to go ahead and do a few up with the MP 5 MP 3 Mazdasepeed and with the logo and MAZDA, get them painted yp and see what you think...two tone sure, what did you have in mind?
keep the ideas coming, please!

The piece looks nice. Glad to see something finally materialized with this item. I would like to see how it looks with the Mazdaspeed logo. Very interested in buying one.

okay, here are a few more shots...we're also going to do onw with MP5 on it this week...let me know what you think...also, it's looking like the cost will be around $80 shipped +-...if you want color we'll only charge what ever it is they coater will charge us (pricing to come next week..anodized and powder coated)
we can't make these without a min order like say 20...so we should start alist if you'd like one, thanks...mark.
item: two piece aluminum stock with 3 acorn nuts and an aluminum sleve to go over the tie down rod.

Attachments

• option 3.jpg
    option 3.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 311
  • options 1&2.jpg
    options 1&2.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 215
That looks really nice but for 80 bucks you can count me out. I do realize this is a custom item and all. However I'm still debating on if to get this at 80 bucks or not but leaning more towards no at that price.

So what does one do if the stud on the shock tower has broken? Can the underside be accessed?, it doesnt look like it....

StealthWyvern said:
That looks really nice but for 80 bucks you can count me out. I do realize this is a custom item and all. However I'm still debating on if to get this at 80 bucks or not but leaning more towards no at that price.

ya, that's fine....if it goes it goes..if not no sweat...it's time and material + shipping so it's not for everyone...it may not be for anyone if the price is to high..we'll see!
looking for other thought's?

Earful said:
So what does one do if the stud on the shock tower has broken? Can the underside be accessed?, it doesnt look like it....

not sure, you could be out of luck?? hoe do you hold your battery down now?

i'll be posting a new thread for this buy when the time comes....like i said above we'll need at leats 20 orders to get this down...the cost could go down too...if we hit that 20 mark...maybe around $70 shipped...this is without any color (i'll get pricing on color this week)...what colors are you guys interested in? i'm thinking blue, red, black??

bazooka joe said:
not sure, you could be out of luck?? hoe do you hold your battery down now?

Velcro Strap FTW....You may be right....I may be out of luck....checking into this...

Earful said:
Velcro Strap FTW....You may be right....I may be out of luck....checking into this...

I drilled out the old stud... tapped the hole. Now I use a 10mm bolt + locking washer to hold it down. I'm sure that method would work fine with this mount, it just might not look as nice.

Im still in for this. Considering the amount of time and effort it took for something like this to finally get done, Im not going to let 80.00 or whatever it comes to, keep me from getting one of these. Like mentioned in one of my first posts, I want mine in red with either "Protege" or "Zoom Zoom". If there isn't enough space, "Zoomx2" would be alright. Thanks.

we're doing the lettering this week or next, we have to see how much this adds to the process...i'm trying as best we can to keep the price down, but we'll check out all the requests! thanks for the input! mark

Latest posts

Back