Cracked Air Intake Hose

Replaced air intake hose and issues still are present. CEL came on and ran the code: P1141. "sensor 2 heater circuit voltage low". Any ideas how to fix that? Lol

The PMC uses this heater to get the oxygen sensor to normal operating condition on cold starts. I think the heater is part of the O2 sensor and not a separate piece. You could check the connection and possibly clean. Otherwise you will need to replace the O2S.

May have found the problem for the CEL: a quarter/half dollar sized hole in the exhaust system where one of the bungs connected to my exhaust hangar used to be. Did a look around this morning and found one half of a hangar at the section before my muffler. Discovered the hole immediately after. Is that enough to trigger the CEL and be in open loop mode all the time?

i know old thread but this is a very common issue on the 2.0L mazda engines i think that bar over the top gets so hot it burns that hose over time mine cracked and broke all the way around (came completely in 2) while leaving work, and it wanted to stall and die like my Mass Air Flow sensor had given up the ghost, so i puleld over and went to look and noticed the air boot was completely torn. $30 from autozone (where i work) so it was really $26 with discount but thank god it was in stock so if anyone experiences a stall out under any acceleration like this check boot first!

Back