CP-e Downpipe

Ninja3030

Hi everybody!
This weekend we installed my CPe catted downpipe. Installation went very well and took a little over 2 hours.

I am a little concerned with the wideband O2 sensor (first one after turbo). At first, I wanted to place the O2S on the bung that is part of the casting, but changed idea because to me it looked too close from a heatshield. So we putted the sensor in the other welded bung, that one is about same position as stock downpipe. Here is my concern: with length of this bung, sensor don't exit a lot in the downpipe to catch exhaust flow. Do you think it could make a false reading? I'm starting getting afraid and ask myself if it could be an explanation of "allegation of more blown engine from people with downpipe".

Feel free to ask questions if I can help someone else!

the 02 sensor should be in the bung thats closest to the firewall, thats how I ran mine and how everyone I know runs theirs. Prob wont make any difference to be honest. This is not the explanation for people blowing their engines, period. theres alot more to it than this kinda little crap. People blow with a DP because they overboost, spike, drop fuel pressure, hit boost sooner(car still in closed loop operation) etc etc etc. It has nothing to do with 02 sensor placement

Latest posts

Back