Coolant hose sucking in!

kms1990

:
2011 mazda 3 hatchback GT
So changed the egr valve on my 2.3 08 in the process i removed the upper radiator hose and egr coolant hose, afterwords the egr was leaking coolant (had to tighten rear bolt down more) now its not overheating, does not appear to be leaking or losing coolant but the upper radiator hose is being sucked flat while the engine cools off, if i remove the cap it returns to normal non sucked state and when driving or running its fine and just after running for 15ish minutes its fine. I have tried to bleed the system 2x now and no change, i put a new cap on it no change. What am i missing? It did not do this before changing the egr valve. I did the run it at 2500 rpm with cap loose for 3 mins then idle procedure to bleed it with no apparent change. Any other way to bleed it? As i am sure the problem is excessive air in the system. Or is there something i am missing?

figured this one out, i had the upper return hose for the expansion tank that runs between the radiator and the fan towards the grill (runs from tank on passenger side to radiator on drivers side) pinched near the drivers side, unpinched it and made sure what pinched it would not do so again all is well

Many years ago, I went with a buddy to look at a used Audi. The owner explained that the car wasn't running right and offered to sell his fairly pristine car for $200, as-is. As I was following my friend in his newly acquired Audi, he suddenly turned into a gas station and popped open the hood. After a couple of minutes he hopped back in the car and drove back to his house. When I asked him what he did, he explained that he found a pinched fuel line going to the carburetor. After rerouting it, the car ran perfectly.
Lesson learned: Always check the simplest things, first.
...glad to see you found the culprit.

I love fixes like these! I had a similar issue when I bought my motorcycle, and it was a simple 10 minute fix.

yeah, i had changed the egr valve and i figured it was something simple i did wrong while doing the job but was not sure, i rechecked all the hoses in that area and found the pinch

Latest posts

Back