Conditioning wiper blades?

Pretzellogic

Contributor
:
Das Pretzelwagon
NOt too sure where to put this...

Is there an off-the-shelf product that you people use to (re)condition or otherwise keep wiper blades in good shape? I recently purchased a set of Icon wiper blades (which, as much as a wiper can, kick ass) and I'd like to keep them nice and supple as long as possible.

Yes, I know they sell purpose-made wipes for this, but I'm not shelling out dough if there's a product or chemical I already have.

Thanks.

buy a bottle of denatured alchohol from the drug store and use that s*** to clean the rubber, it'll recondition them at the same time

TheMAN said:
buy a bottle of denatured alchohol from the drug store and use that s*** to clean the rubber, it'll recondition them at the same time

yep exactly....

by the way,you mean the bosch icon?i almost bought some,are they really good?

that (what they said above) or a paper towel wet with water. I used a regular tap water wet paper towel on my original wipers from the factory, lasted me for 60K+ miles. and still worked well with no noise or streaks. the key is to do it often imo. I used to wipe the wipers every time i washed my car which is every week.

patmaz said:
yep exactly....

by the way,you mean the bosch icon?i almost bought some,are they really good?
Yeah, they're damn good. Worth the price for someone paranoid about his vision (me).

They look decent, too.

Windex it is.

YellowMP5 said:
that (what they said above) or a paper towel wet with water. I used a regular tap water wet paper towel on my original wipers from the factory, lasted me for 60K+ miles. and still worked well with no noise or streaks. the key is to do it often imo. I used to wipe the wipers every time i washed my car which is every week.

60k miles! Ha! You obviously don't live anywhere there is snow.

Personally, I change my wipers every 6 months, whether they look like they need it or not.

Back