clutch starter switch sticking

96superneon

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
for the past couple of weeks starting my car has been iffy. i have to push the clutch down a couple times to get the car to start. yesterday it wouldnt start at all. today i went out and messed with the switch underneath the clutch (just pushing it in and out). i tried starting it and it worked! i noticed the bracket attached to the pedal was loose and looks like it might be adjustable. so my question is, can i adjust it? right now it doesnt push the button all the way in. a new switch is only 16 bucks but if i can just adjust the bracket that pushes the switch id much rather do that.

replaced the switch. That worked for about a day. any ideas what else it might be? Im going to take it to autozone to have the starter checked.

Does it just click? Mine did the same thing when the alarm box went haywire, it got worse over time. Then it happened again so I ran a wire from the battery to a button then to the starter. Push button start ftw, still have to have the key in the on position though, but ill never have to worry about it screwing up again

I feel dumb. I dont know why i thought it was something weird that was causing the problem. It was just the battery lol. With that said i did install a home made grounding kit a couple weeks ago. could that have drained and killed my battery? all i did was ground the battery to the body, then grounded the intake manifold to the body and also the valve cover to the body.

Latest posts

Back