Clutch or Transmission Problem or None?

Hey so last week, Friday I was driving home home from work, I was at a red light and as soon as the light turned green I started off normally and I heard something break. I was for certain that it was the clutch, because my clutch was slipping majorly a lot in the past 2 months. Sometimes I would accelerate and the RPMs climbing, 3k, 4k, and car was not moving much at all. After the break noise the car barely moved, I barely had enough power to get it over the shoulder, I cycled thru all the gears, and they all seemed fine but I could not receive that much power.
I went ahead and bought an Exedy Stage 1 Clutch from **********, and had some guy install it for $250.

Now he said he installed the clutch but the car does not drive, he showed me and cycled thru all the gears but the car does not move, at least when I brought it in it could go 1-2 MPH. I don't trust my mechanic I feel like something is not right...He says transmission is bad or Flywheel.

If the transmission is bad shouldn't I hear major whirring noise, or not being able to get into gear, I did have my transmission go out on me last year and I remember those horrible symptoms with images shredded gears/teeth

I am thinking he didn't install it right like the clutch isnt making contact with flywheel or something just to get more $ out of me or the LSD is shot, what would the symptoms be for a bad LSD?

I did buy a used transmission last year with 115k miles on it...

Quick answer, nice, I guess I shouldn't have jump to conclusion...hmm not sure what to do now, I will prolly tow it back to my house and just have it sit till I think of what to do :p I might even consider selling the MSP !

It's one of those things that happens to all of them. If you have your old trans you can take the diff out of that and have it welded for strength or a new diff is around $450-500. $900 or so for MFactory. You can also just get an open diff from a regular protege for probably next to nothing and swap that in, but you won't have limited slip.

Back