Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Mango: Put me on the list of "I don't give a crap if it has it or not".
I'm actively shopping for a new car, and the last thing on the list that will determine what I buy is whether it has Apple Car Play or AA, or not.
What I care about is the important stuff, like the drivetrain, the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, comfort, ride, steering, noise.
You know....the stuff that actually matters when you buy and drive a car.
When I get in my vehicle every morning for the next ten years, I want to look forward to actually driving it.
Do I really care about whether it has HUD, or Android Auto? Not really.
BTW, the CR-V is definitely off my list. Let's just leave it at that (do not discuss).

Not acting like no one wants it I've said as much repeatedly. It's far from a majority, as you believe 18%? You make it sound like 60%. Case rested, man. Not sure why you put Chris and Melanie in quotes. Think I'm lying? Swear on my kid's life. They're real people. Even I was shocked. I didn't expect "never heard of it". Really? But Chris didn't watch 50 reviews, like I did. He always wanted a Subaru. He didn't watch hours of reviews, or research every model. He just went to the closest dealer. We, all of us posting here...us enthusiasts are the minority.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's the most demanded feature that is not standard on most cars already, PERIOD. Not a HUD, not a heated steering wheel, not a Turbo engine but CarPlay and AA. And I put your friends name in quotes because your friends are not indicative of what the rest of car buyers want. My friends all use CarPlay/AA, and we all agree we would not buy another car without it. Am I going to use that as 'evidence' somehow of what car buyers want? Of course not.

And sure us enthusiasts are the minority when it comes to car ownership, but what does it say when the minority are SO VOCAL about their desire to have this added to their vehicles that a thread can balloon up to 400 pages? There are at least 10 other threads on this topic asking when it's coming dating years back. Someone started a petition to get it added, people suing Mazda over it, people asking Mazda PR reps on Twitter for it...all coming from the minority so you have to wonder, how many question/complaints has Mazda gotten from the majority of their customers who don't post on internet forums? The demand for it is likely 5x that of what you see here.

For Mango: Put me on the list of "I don't give a crap if it has it or not".
I'm actively shopping for a new car, and the last thing on the list that will determine what I buy is whether it has Apple Car Play or AA, or not.
What I care about is the important stuff, like the drivetrain, the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, comfort, ride, steering, noise.

Me too, which is why I bought a CRV as it check off the most boxes in an SUV for me. CarPlay/AA was a bonus, although now I wouldn't buy a car without it:)

Mazda was sued over live traffic. Not AA.

And adding CarPlay/AA would solve this lawsuit quickly as they not only do live traffic, but would present it in a much better interface than Mazda OEM system, in my opinion.

Fixed.

Me too, which is why I bought a CRV as it check off the most boxes in an SUV for me. CarPlay/AA was a bonus, although now I wouldn't buy a car without it:)

If you bought a CR-V, then why do you continue to bother people on the Mazda CX-5 forum?
I haven't been on here long, but I have taken an instant dislike to you. You are really irritating.

4403351ff27cba112c0fcc7899f9ec51.png

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

It's the most demanded feature that is not standard on most cars already, PERIOD. Not a HUD, not a heated steering wheel, not a Turbo engine but CarPlay and AA. And I put your friends name in quotes because your friends are not indicative of what the rest of car buyers want. My friends all use CarPlay/AA, and we all agree we would not buy another car without it. Am I going to use that as 'evidence' somehow of what car buyers want? Of course not.

And sure us enthusiasts are the minority when it comes to car ownership, but what does it say when the minority are SO VOCAL about their desire to have this added to their vehicles that a thread can balloon up to 400 pages? There are at least 10 other threads on this topic asking when it's coming dating years back. Someone started a petition to get it added, people suing Mazda over it, people asking Mazda PR reps on Twitter for it...all coming from the minority so you have to wonder, how many question/complaints has Mazda gotten from the majority of their customers who don't post on internet forums? The demand for it is likely 5x that of what you see here.
I can do internet research, too. 48% of car buyers want Blind Spot monitoring. When I went to the dealer I told him exactly that. I want sunroof, and BSM.

This thread is Called "Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Finger crossed...."

Why are we talking about if it is an important feature or not, who wants it and who not....page after page...

Come on people, let's keep on topic and please start another thread about the importance or irrelevance of this feature.

I don't care how many people do and do not want it.

I love my car better than most other cars because it drives better, it looks better and it is more fun to drive than most other cars.

Would it be nice to have AA? Yes I hope it is coming. But my Mazda is a car and not a smartphone.

If I go through a thread called "Carplay and Android Auto coming soon...." I am interested in if there is any new about it, not in a discussion about statistics and so on....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Yes I have that .
But the only options appear to be listed are "actions" and "display" Its moto version 5.3.01

No, that's not it. Its not called Drive actually. I called it Drive for simplicity sake here, and because it goes into "Drive mode" when it connects to your BT. It does this automatically which is the killer feature. I used an LG for a short time and drive myself batshit crazy trying to find an app that does what it does as well as it does. That's the thing...nothing is as good. Every company should have a similar app.
Assist, which was also great, was replaced with an app called Moto. Should already be installed on your G4+. App looks like: see attach. Go in there. Click Voice. Set your launch phrase.

Thank me later. ��
544a770cf5cea95042cd02507e4f8da5.jpg
7653e2bb441e3fce9baa1fe64628f442.jpg

Apple car play would be worth it to me if you received audible email through it. I used to be able to get visual alerts in my 2011 328, but Apple disabled the feature starting with IOS 9. Apple car play does not inhance any email capabilities that can't already be performed with Siri now. The large visual alert and option to download and hear text messages in my obsolete 2014 CX5 entertainment system works perfect. Text messages are great for personal communication, but being on the road and not knowing your missing important emails that you can verbally respond to will not change with Apple car play, most likely for safety reasons. So what you currently get is nothing more than a a screen of things that you can already perform now by adding Siri to the phone button on newer entertainment systems, or using the on screen OEM menus like pandora that Mazda already incorporates. Since I have always had iPhones, I would guess that AA already allows emails to come through because of their non restricted operating system. Also car play introduces two operating systems to flip back and forth from, meaning the OEM screen and the car play screen. Since most automakers use the navigation screen to perform many vehicle functions this alone seems like an added distraction. Hell my first car didn't even have a radio and I can't fathom how I survived. "Enjoy the drive not the distraction".

18% of potential car buyers want CarPlay/AA.

I put your friends name in quotes because your friends are not indicative of what the rest of car buyers want. My friends all use CarPlay/AA, and we all agree we would not buy another car without it.

I'm confused. ;) His/her friends are not indicative of what the rest of car buyers want, (even though 4 out of 5 car buyers apparently don't care about it according to the statistic you posted) but your friends are more indicative of what the rest of car buyers want? You have magical friends!

I can certainly see the usefulness in it -particularly the use of Maps and live traffic, route re-routing. Maybe I'm just old but the responding to texts seems unnecessary. When I want real-time communication with someone, I use an app on my pone that I think many people have, but probably forget about: the phone app. I can physically talk to someone and then they physically talk back to me, and I can control all of it without having to fiddle with my phone while driving. It's a very underrated technological advancement often ignored (or forgotten) by the masses.

At any rate over 4 out of 5 potential car buyers see this functionality as nice to have or don't even care. That's a pretty significant amount. I feel pretty confident that Mazda will enable this functionality at some point in the near future. Like it or not, care about it or not, more and more users are going to want and demand it and make auto purchase decisions that hit Mazda in the pocketbook by choosing cars with the functionality.

After putting mango on my ignore list, it's opened up my eyes to just how stupid the shitstorm really is in here... he comes, you feed him, his ego grows bigger... rinse and repeat. But luckily the no moderation method is working so well that it's not a problem.

Anyway... thread summary in one line: Sure, not everyone wants AA/CP. However, Mazda is screwing up by not bringing it. It's a feature in demand, period. There's just no excuse at this point for Mazda cars to not have AA/CP.

It's the same discussion on whether or not AWD is necessary or not.

And in my case I truly don't care as my CX-5 is pre Mazda connect, so I won't be getting it anyway.

In this case it's a feature Mazda said was "coming". Well...where is it?

This thread is Called "Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Finger crossed...."

Why are we talking about if it is an important feature or not, who wants it and who not....page after page...

It's a DISCUSSION FORUM. We're discussing. It happens. Threads go off topic. Don't worry, if AA \ ACP get released, someone will start another thread about it, I assure you. f this thread stayed on topic it'd be pretty short.
"Is AA coming?"
We don't know.
If we kept it on topic, what the hell would we even talk about? :D

xtrailman said:
xtrailman
Yes I have that .
But the only options appear to be listed are "actions" and "display" Its moto version 5.3.01

Bah. I did some research. The Voice feature is NOT on all Moto's. My bad. You have to have one of the higher end 6 core processor phones. 4 Processors run the phone, one runs the video and the 6th is dedicated to being always on for voice activation. Apparently only Moto uses this 6th core today which is why they are the only ones enabling the voice activation on battery. The 6th core uses very little battery.

TL: DR Only the Moto X and Moto Z lines support Moto Voice

Anyway... thread summary in one line: Sure, not everyone wants AA/CP. However, Mazda is screwing up by not bringing it. It's a feature in demand, period. There's just no excuse at this point for Mazda cars to not have AA/CP.

That's 3 lines, Joe. :D

At any rate over 4 out of 5 potential car buyers see this functionality as nice to have or don't even care. That's a pretty significant amount. I feel pretty confident that Mazda will enable this functionality at some point in the near future. Like it or not, care about it or not, more and more users are going to want and demand it and make auto purchase decisions that hit Mazda in the pocketbook by choosing cars with the functionality.

All I'm saying is that it's a feature LOTS of people want thats all, but yet some people act like only a very small percentage of people do. 20,000 out of 100,000 isn't small at all. They've lost potential sales because of this EASILY. The size of this thread if proof enough, not to mention all of the other threads created on this topic, not even including how many times it's been asked at other Mazda forums on the internet shows the demand. Lawsuits, Twitter questions, petitions over it. And this is ALL coming from the minority/enthusiast part of the community, this doesn't even include all the questions dealers/Mazda gets about it from majority of people who don't post on internet forums.

I honestly think what makes this issue bigger/more frustrating is people aren't asking for Mazda to spend millions developing technology that other companies have, like a Hybrid/10 speed engines/a new engine or anything else like that, they're asking for a simple software update that can essentially replace their crappy OEM system with something that is more modern and more future proof. No one wants to get stuck using an OEM Nav that will likely be outdated in a few years.

The size of this thread proves nothing, my man. As was pointed out, half of it at least ... Is you and I bickering. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back