Cargo Mat

cx9er

:
2011 CX-9 Grand Touring
I know there was talk about cargo mats for the CX-9. I just got a LLOYD Rubber Tite mat for mine. It is a nice mat that fits very well. It is available in black, tan and grey. Seems like good a quality product. I got it from autoanything. 69.99...Not too bad.
http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1463A0A0.aspx

Hope this helps those who were looking. They do make the mats for the front and back seats also but I am waiting for Weathertech

I know there was talk about cargo mats for the CX-9. I just got a LLOYD Rubber Tite mat for mine. It is a nice mat that fits very well. It is available in black, tan and grey. Seems like good a quality product. I got it from autoanything. 69.99...Not too bad.
http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1463A0A0.aspx

Hope this helps those who were looking. They do make the mats for the front and back seats also but I am waiting for Weathertech

So these are the small mats for behind the 3rd row that they're offering? Not a larger mat for behind the 2nd row with 3rd row down? Would you please post a photo of your installed mat regardless of whether it's the former or the latter, although I am more looking for the latter.

EDIT: Uhm, never mind, looks like they offer both styles, just the description wasn't initially clear to me. While that's great, I won't be buying them -- they only ship to Canada for orders over $500. Sheesh, I hate US-based online vendors that don't get international markets, particularly if that particular international country is US's largest trading partner. Double sheesh.

Thanks,
Lexx

Last edited:
New Cargo Liner from MacNeil

Has anybody gone with the Weathetech cargo cover (two-piece for coverage with third row down)?

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupid=1&Vehid=1297&year=2008

Well, that thing is brand-spanking new! So much for MacNeil offering to email me as soon as this and the 2nd row/3rd row liners became available!

I just spent $70 on the stinky Rubber Tite version from Auto Anything, and this one looks nicer. Should've waited, but I didn't want to risk trashing my cargo carpet.

Well, that thing is brand-spanking new! So much for MacNeil offering to email me as soon as this and the 2nd row/3rd row liners became available!

I just spent $70 on the stinky Rubber Tite version from Auto Anything, and this one looks nicer. Should've waited, but I didn't want to risk trashing my cargo carpet.

I went ahead and ordered in black. The rep at McNeil said they ship from the manufacturing facility; however, they get 1,200 orders daily and can only handle 500 daily, hence the two week turnaround.

Anyway, it was like $137 delivered.

On a separate note, I also ordered the bodyside moldings from Sportwing and they matched the price from Zetaproducts.net. They had a set ready to ship in Galaxy Gray (32s), for $117 delivered. I believe it's the same product, but I have read positive reviews on the Sportwing, have heard nothing either way on the product from Zeta.

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered in black. The rep at McNeil said they ship from the manufacturing facility; however, they get 1,200 orders daily and can only handle 500 daily, hence the two week turnaround.

Anyway, it was like $137 delivered.

On a separate note, I also ordered the bodyside moldings from Sportwing and they matched the price from Zetaproducts.net. They had a set ready to ship in Galaxy Gray (32s), for $117 delivered. I believe it's the same product, but I have read positive reviews on the Sportwing, have heard nothing either way on the product from Zeta.

The Weathetech liner took 11 days to arrive, but worth it for the most part.

With both pieces in use, coverage is virtually complete behind the second row of seats. The mats themselves are relatively thin, and not super-rigid, but they do have a lip around the perimeter to catch spills, and the material is flexible enough to hopefully resist cracking from heat and cold.

The square attachment points between the two pieces are the weakest link in the entire set-up. They do not clasp tightly together, the two mats will disengage from eachother with nominal pull. However, once in place and attached, the two mats maintain their position, they do not slide and do not separate under normal use.

It's probably the best cargo solution for the CX-9 at this time, all in all. I will try to post pictures of the mat this weekend. I'll also do pictures of the Sportwing body side moldings once I get them installed this weekend.

Last edited:
^ I doubt it. Weathertech mats are a totally different animal from the cheap rubber used there.

Does the mat stick to the back of the 3rd row when seats are up? It looks as though it might in the pics on their site. Velcro, perhaps?

Weathertech cargo liner.

^ I doubt it. Weathertech mats are a totally different animal from the cheap rubber used there.

Does the mat stick to the back of the 3rd row when seats are up? It looks as though it might in the pics on their site. Velcro, perhaps?

Hi Scott,

I just got my rear liner from MacNeil and sorry to say, no, the front half doesn't stick to anything.

If you want to put the rear seats up you separate the front portion from the rear and remove it. They did make a provision for those of us with the power lift gate. The left portion of the mat was designed so it would fold upright to conform to the smaller indent when the power hatch is installed.

Ted

I also bought the WeatherTech cargo mat (and their awesome FloorLiner front mats) for mine. Very happy with the purchase - just wish I would have had it before we put the dogs in it for the first time!

FYI - it's not really for someone who's going to be using the third row seats on a daily basis. It does come in two parts, and you can just use the small part behind the third row, but I'd go with something else if I used the rear seats a lot.

If I find the time to take some pictures, I'll post them.

I bought mine from Husky Liners. They are the most durable and functional cargo covers I've ever had. I had them in my old 01 4runner. They have a tall lip so even if you spill water it keeps them away from the carpet. It is also odor free right out of the box :)

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Has anybody gone with the Weathetech cargo cover (two-piece for coverage with third row down)?

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupid=1&Vehid=1297&year=2008

I got the weathertech cover delivered a few weeks ago. Perfect fit, completely covers the load bay with 3rd row down. No rubber smell. The rubber is fairly thin (compared to the cover in my Subaru wagon) but seems durable. I've not had any issues with the two pieces separating.

Only downside is the large section nearest the seats needs to be removed when the 3rd row seats are up.

2931481151_81074d3ba4.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just a single piece?

Yes, 1 single piece with lip that goes all around. Pretty much looks like the image in the Husky website except fitted for the CX-9 with the rear-seats folded down. (Easy to fold back if you need to use the rear seat row while it's installed).

http://www.huskyliners.com/floorliners.html

Used a Husky in my old SUV and it was the best investment I made to keep the cargo area safe, secure and clean from damage. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Just bought the two floor liners for the front seats for the upcoming New England winter.

This is weird. My 08 CX-9 cargo area looks different from "mofobaru". From the attached photo, my left side wall in the cargo area does not open up like his in the photo. The left piece of the cargo mat actually is resting vertically unlike his sitting horizontally.

This is weird. My 08 CX-9 cargo area looks different from "mofobaru". From the attached photo, my left side wall in the cargo area does not open up like his in the photo. The left piece of the cargo mat actually is resting vertically unlike his sitting horizontally.

Do you have the power liftgate? If so, I believe the lift mechanism takes up that area. Mine doesn't look like his either, and I have the power liftgate.

Back