Cargo cover

Sal D.

:
Mazda CX-5
Hi all, I'm new to Mazda & new to the forum, dumb question, I bought a cargo cover foe my 2013 cargo cover, what I thought would be a simple installation, is not. If I connect one side to the lift gate clip, the other side misses by maybe an 1/8 of an inch. The lift-gate clip looks like a paper clip, and I assume I'm supposed to clip the cover around the longer part of the lift gate clip, but i can't, what am i doing wrong?

Hi all, I'm new to Mazda & new to the forum, dumb question, I bought a cargo cover foe my 2013 cargo cover, what I thought would be a simple installation, is not. If I connect one side to the lift gate clip, the other side misses by maybe an 1/8 of an inch. The lift-gate clip looks like a paper clip, and I assume I'm supposed to clip the cover around the longer part of the lift gate clip, but i can't, what am i doing wrong?

see video 2:00 minute mark, hopes this helps.....

Thank you so much, something is wrong though. I wish I could draw a picture, I can put one side on, but the cargo cover goes under the little side of the lift gate clip, it looks like it should then go over the bigger side of the lift gate clip, your video makes it look simple, which it should be, even removing it, but mine isn't?

In the 2017 the 'bar' of the cover does not go all the way into the 'paper clip.' It just sort of slips in to a little hook spot and stays there. Removal and installation is super easier, almost too easy. Sounds like you might be overcomplicating it.

Thank you so much, something is wrong though. I wish I could draw a picture, I can put one side on, but the cargo cover goes under the little side of the lift gate clip, it looks like it should then go over the bigger side of the lift gate clip, your video makes it look simple, which it should be, even removing it, but mine isn't?

ah, I made the same mistake as you... you have the first part right....... cargo cover goes under the little side of the lift gate clip, and you are done.

it should NOT go over the bigger side of the lift gate clip, the spring is only there to apply pressure on the cover clip bar up against the little hook, the bar is not meant to go into and behind the spring

it does not clip in 100% like a carabiner

like Aznbagel said it just slides into the the little clip and you're done, to release it's super easy, you "push" up against the spring and pull out

as shown in the video

Last edited:
like Aznbagel said ...... the metal bar does not go inside the spring loop, the spring is there only to apply pressure on the bar against the little plastic hook

Back