Caravan to ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS: All Mazda Meet 06.05.10

I don't know about you, but I'm 24 and haven't been out of IL since like 98. I'm dying to get out of this state even if it's for a few days, with a few hours of sightseeing. It's just a thought right now, but it's close to the front of my thought train.

I'm a bit older, and I just got here (IL). I travel a bunch for work, but I can appreciate you wanting to see the city while we are in NY. I grew up in CT, so I am somewhat familiar with NYC. What I said in my last post was genuine, plan to take the train in and use the subway to get around once you get there. Driving there sucks. FYI, Boston is also within a few hours of where we are going to be. I just didn't want you to plan to drive into NYC on a friday and then spend the whole day in traffic, lost, looking for a place to park. That would not be any fun.

Last edited:
What I said in my last post was genuine, plan to take the train in and use the subway to get around once you get there. Driving there sucks. FYI, Boston is also within a few hours of where we are going to be. I just didn't want you to plan to drive into NYC on a friday and then spend the whole day in traffic, lost, looking for a place to park. That would not be any fun.

I agree. I wasn't really thinking of doing a suicide drive in the city my first time out there, but I will see NYC. I take advice well, so I'll be planning out a few different options of travel before we are even close to the event. Thanks for the heads up.

List of Attendees thus far:
1. Captain KRM P5 - Ken (+ assorted friends and family members)
2. Aricjm15 - Aric
3. Anna-chan - Anna
4. Lord Zath - Steve (sched. depending)
5. Solidtrance - Caleb
6. Kulka89 - Mike
7. Fenrir - Joel
8. TheDoc - Justin and Kristina
9. Iguanaboy - Pete (and Chris?)
10. Kalent - ???
11. RBovee - Ryan (sched. depending)

2. Aricjm15 - Aric
3. Anna-chan - Anna
5. Solidtrance - Caleb
6. Kulka89 - Mike
7. Fenrir - Joel
10. Kalent - ???
12. Redrocketz - Zach (maybe another)

You go find a master 'fore you step back in the dojo.

On a serious note, I might make it out. Highly doubtful, but maybe. Someone has to spot me some scratch if this is gonna work out 100%. Ken.

2. Aricjm15 - Aric
3. Anna-chan - Anna
5. Solidtrance - Caleb
6. Kulka89 - Mike
7. Fenrir - Joel
10. Kalent - Frank (and the GF)
12. Redrocketz - Zach (maybe another)

You go find a master 'fore you step back in the dojo.

On a serious note, I might make it out. Highly doubtful, but maybe. Someone has to spot me some scratch if this is gonna work out 100%. Ken.

take it to facebook buddy

if anyone wanna do it cannon ball style...

let me lead the way! only thing that stops me is cops.

i didnt go last year. cuz i was pending on a job (which i got by the way)

no longer working tho..i'm in pending job again. mark me down!

if its cannon ball style, isn't it whoever is the fastest leads the way??

lets do it...

everyone who's in for cannonball style pool 100 bux each...

second place gets their money back...

first place gets the pool...

whomever gets caught...stays in jail :D

lets do it...

everyone who's in for cannonball style pool 100 bux each...

second place gets their money back...

first place gets the pool...

whomever gets caught...stays in jail :D

I think I'm gonna be spending enough on the trip as it is, but if I happen to get some extra cash(fingers crossed I don't owe the govt for taxes), I'm down! I'm down for a run either way though, cash or not!

If you guys are interested in doing an NYC trip, yes driving sucks, BUT if you guys are up for a 3am trip we can get alot of pictures throughout the city with the caravan of cars. Plus a ton of mazdas going through the lincoln tunnel would be SWEEEET.
Let me know if you guys are interested. I think I might try and set something like that up anyway.

If you guys are interested in doing an NYC trip, yes driving sucks, BUT if you guys are up for a 3am trip we can get alot of pictures throughout the city with the caravan of cars. Plus a ton of mazdas going through the lincoln tunnel would be SWEEEET.
Let me know if you guys are interested. I think I might try and set something like that up anyway.

This is the best idea yet. Im in. Let hit a bunch of tunnels. No cat on my 8, music to my ears.

sounds good me also

Back