car overheating!

msp03rbuld

:
mazda, mazdaspeed protege
Hey I just started drivng my car and then realized that it said it was overheating but I pulled over and everything seemed fine car didn't seem hot at all and all the belts were intact. I'm not sure what I should be looking for, should I check if the car need coolant?

Most likely its not the coolant level unless you have a major leak. Could be the fan not coming on, the thermostat needs to be replaced or your water pump has failed.

Did you hear the fan come on as the temp increased? Don't push your luck and drive with it overheating.

the car didn't start up afterwards right? check your injector fuse in your engine bay fuse box and if that isnt popped check your drivers side kick panel in the car for the engine fuse. but if your car still runs then replace your coolant temp sensor.

id check all of the easy things first. coolant level but wait til ur car has cooled off. then thermostat then coolant temp sensor then check to see if u have any clogged hoses like the heater core, then water pump.

Back