Car drifts to the right

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hey Gang,

I got brand new tires, balancing and a 4 wheel alignment done and I'm still having this issue where if I want the steering wheel to be in a neutral position then the car drifts sharply to the right. I constantly have to have the steering wheel slightly turned to the left to get the car to drive straight. (boom03) It's rather annoying because I can't just coast on a straight and level road and not have to constantly be engaged with the steering wheel by holding it a little to the left.

The only thing I can think of is the right passenger side caliper is maybe seized and constantly applying some pressure to the front passenger side rotor. I had two mechanics check it out and I felt like all they gave me was anecdotal opinions without thoroughly checking if the caliper was in fact seizing. Heck, they were giving information that was conflicting each other... so that wasn't really reliable.

Have you all ever had issues like this before?

Hey Gang,

I got brand new tires, balancing and a 4 wheel alignment done and I'm still having this issue where if I want the steering wheel to be in a neutral position then the car drifts sharply to the right. I constantly have to have the steering wheel slightly turned to the left to get the car to drive straight. (boom03) It's rather annoying because I can't just coast on a straight and level road and not have to constantly be engaged with the steering wheel by holding it a little to the left.

The only thing I can think of is the right passenger side caliper is maybe seized and constantly applying some pressure to the front passenger side rotor. I had two mechanics check it out and I felt like all they gave me was anecdotal opinions without thoroughly checking if the caliper was in fact seizing. Heck, they were giving information that was conflicting each other... so that wasn't really reliable.

Have you all ever had issues like this before?

If the caliber was seized, youd definitely hear it.

Thoroughly inspect all suspension components. Ask for a sheet of updated alighnment specs.

If the caliber was seized, youd definitely hear it.

Thoroughly inspect all suspension components. Ask for a sheet of updated alighnment specs.

Not really, at least not at first. Both of mine starting sticking around 200k, although they didn't cause much of a pull that I noticed.

The only way I could tell was that my rotors were getting hot and causing a vibration, and the car wouldn't creep forwards or backwards when coming to a stop.

The only way I could tell was that my rotors were getting hot and causing a vibration, and the car wouldn't creep forwards or backwards when coming to a stop.

Yea me too. I didn't notice until I got out of my car and could smell that burning brake smell,.. Then I checked the rotors and noticed the heat.
My brakes at the time just needed to have the guide pins lubed again though.

Find out the issue. The tire shop that did the 4 wheel alignment basically didn't do any alignments or they just sucked and didn't know what they were doing... I took it to another shop and they were surprised with how off the specs were on all wheels. They did a proper alignment on all of them and now the car drives straight, brakes smoother and the steering wheel doesn't shake as much. I'm a happy camper now lol.

Find out the issue. The tire shop that did the 4 wheel alignment basically didn't do any alignments or they just sucked and didn't know what they were doing... I took it to another shop and they were surprised with how off the specs were on all wheels. They did a proper alignment on all of them and now the car drives straight, brakes smoother and the steering wheel doesn't shake as much. I'm a happy camper now lol.

Just for future reference, any competent alignment shop should give you before/after printouts of what was adjusted. If they don't, walk away.

Back