Off Topic: Buc-ee's

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
After hearing so much hoopla about Buc-ee's, we decided to stop there and fuel up on our way back from New Mexico. Plus, Gas Buddy informed me that they had the least expensive gas in the area, with a 57-gallon tank to fill, every little bit helps.

So, I'm driving our motorhome, with our Can-Am Spyder in an enclosed 14' trailer. I have to hunt for an open fuel island and after circling the pumps twice, I find one. It's a two-pump island and I get the second pump, which means that there's someone in front of me and my trailer is hanging out, in the way of others., I'm a bit concerned but I figure that I'll be in and out quickly. Yeah, right.

I start the fill process and after I get that going, I start to look around me at the other shoppers.

WTF?

Where is everyone? ALL the cars around me are empty, while still parked at a pump!!!! EVERYONE is inside the 7-Eleven on steroids! It's as if these people have never seen a store before and they ALL have to go in and leave their cars at the pump!

That's fine except that I'm ready to leave and the guy in front of me, blocking my way out, is still 'shopping'.

So now I have to wait for this guy? Whatever happened to common curtesy? Get your gas, move the car, do your shopping.

Of course, Buc-ee's is perfectly happy with this behavior, they're making money, what do they care?

This was the first and LAST time we every spend a dime at Buc-ee's! I'd rather pay more at the pump than to have to put up with this crap.

My wife had to get out and block the traffic behind us and she moved a couple of barricades, and this allowed me to back the motorhome/trailer up and get the heck out of that madhouse!!!

We love Buc-ees! We don't stop there for gas, but to use their restrooms and get some great food. I've never noticed their gas prices to be be much lower than a top tier station. We also utilize their nice dog area while stopped with our pup. It will be a perfect place to charge your EV, once they add more chargers to their facilities.

Uhg! What a situation but I'll tell you whats more aggravating, owning a car with the filler on the right side. At it's worse when there are multiple islands of pumps and drivers forget which side the fillers on. Most recent Mazda's have a little arrow on the gas gauge pointing to the side your filler is on, can't help but wonder why.

Uhg! What a situation but I'll tell you whats more aggravating, owning a car with the filler on the right side. At it's worse when there are multiple islands of pumps and drivers forget which side the fillers on. Most recent Mazda's have a little arrow on the gas gauge pointing to the side your filler is on, can't help but wonder why.

I believe that pretty much all vehicles have that lil arrow in the dash, near the fuel gauge, to show the driver on which side the fuel filler is located.

The gas filler is on the "non-traffic' side of the car so you don't get sideswiped if you have an emergency along the highway. People in Japan always drive on the left side of the road (it;'s the law!) So we drive Japanese cars in the US and the fuel filler is on the wrong side of the car.

The gas filler is on the "non-traffic' side of the car so you don't get sideswiped if you have an emergency along the highway. People in Japan always drive on the left side of the road (it;'s the law!) So we drive Japanese cars in the US and the fuel filler is on the wrong side of the car.
Besides German's, which vehicles have the inlet on the passenger side in the US?

Back