Brake 911

Puckpimp71

:
1991 Taurus SHO, 2003 Black Mazdaspeed Protege
ASAP... putting rear pads, discs on my MSP and the driver's side rear piston is stuck all the way out. I tried a vise, caliper spreader etc and it's not moving.... help...... What should I do?

If they are the same as the other proteges there is a allen screw behind a bolt on the back of the caliper.

not on the msp... looked for that already I really hope I don't have to bleed the lines.

Just found this out 2 days ago for myself. Short 14mm bolt with allen head behind it. Loosen, put in new pads tighten then back off 1/3 turn.

yup, just keep screwing it back in. i had the same problem awhile back. there is a special tool you can use to make it easier. just screw in.

Yup, like most have already said, twist the piston in. There is no allen screw like on the P5s. There is a special tool that you can buy to twist the piston in but you don't really need it - just use a good needle nose pliars and a firm grip. If you're stuck, check out the how-to in the how-to section -- I posted a couple hints in that thread to help clear up the differences between the MSP and the P5.

I screwed it hard and was cleaned up in time to go to the Panther's game!
Thanks for helping.

Last edited:
Back