bose sucks!!

SPEED DEMON

:
08 ms3, 08 cx7, 91 roadster
WTF is with my Bose sterio? I have had this car for a little over a year now and this is the second bose head unit that has eaten my cd's. I don't even drive the car daily. I went to eject a cd yesterday and it spit out 1 of 6 cd's but it won't eject/play the other 5. Anyone else have this issue?

Like I said, Ive only had this car for a tad over a year and this is sterio #2 with the same issue. I only have 11k on the car and those are weekend miles. The guy at the Mazda service dept. just told me this is an ongoing issue with the bose and burned cd's. WTF? Everyone listens to burned cd's.:bs:

What brand CD's are you using? I have the bose 6CD and haven't had any problems thus far, but I always use Verbatim, Maxell, or Imation blanks. I don't trust any other blank CD's based on past experiences. Not to say that's the problem, but all factors should be looked at, especially if the deck got replaced and the same thing happened again.

bose doesn't make the head units, FWIW. I have no problem blaming them for crappy speakers and amplifiers, though. :D

Your CD player is telling you to get with the next generation. Seems like a lot of people stll use CD's . . . You don't have an ipod ?

Your CD player is telling you to get with the next generation. Seems like a lot of people stll use CD's . . . You don't have an ipod ?

That is what I don't get. I mainly use my ipod. The cd player hardly gets used. I want to say it's been a month since I have listened to a cd in my car.

Who makes a good touch screen that is plug and play with the bose speakers?

Last edited:
Mine has occasional fits with not reading discs, saying check CD, and what not. Done it mebbe 4times in 12K self resolves after spitting em all out and reinserting. all fresh or pristine discs and it will burp on a store bought at least as easy as a homemade

I'm only at 8k miles so we'll see. But I've not had a problem once, and my listening time is probably 99% CD's, 1% radio. I guess I'll see what the future holds.

Mine has occasional fits with not reading discs, saying check CD, and what not. Done it mebbe 4times in 12K self resolves after spitting em all out and reinserting. all fresh or pristine discs and it will burp on a store bought at least as easy as a homemade

Thats what mine is doing, says to check cd but it won't eject them or let me play the cd's that are in the unit. It just makes a clicking sound and tells me to check cd.

FYI, it's Clarion not Bose

WTF is with my Bose sterio? I have had this car for a little over a year now and this is the second bose head unit that has eaten my cd's. I don't even drive the car daily. I went to eject a cd yesterday and it spit out 1 of 6 cd's but it won't eject/play the other 5. Anyone else have this issue?

Bose developed the amp and speaker eq. The head unit is a Clarion I believe...

Thats what mine is doing, says to check cd but it won't eject them or let me play the cd's that are in the unit. It just makes a clicking sound and tells me to check cd.

did it again yesterday, I went to pop a disc out, hit load by mistake, and got involved with traffic and it timed out. Then went into fck fck mode true PIA

Considering how few this is happening to I doubt it's the headunit alone causing the problem.
true, I don't know how it was used before I bought it, but the guy kept everything else pristine. seems to do it more when a slot is empty

Back