BoostedSpd6's Build Thread

Goodness! That's going to be even more power, nice build! (my inspiration for getting a MS6 someday..) :)

if you have a blow thru setup, why are you calling cp-e about a 3.25" maf? going back to regular setup? if you stay blow-thru there is no point since the throttle body isn't that big.

because their MAF works the best with their tuning software.. and whats another $250 considering the amount of money im spending on everything :)
.. if PTP or CP-e get a IM made for us then there would be a point for sure.

Great choice on suspension ;).

Build looks like it's gunna be sweet, I agree with taking tones of pics along the way... Even taking a pic of the entire engine bay ripped apart would be cool.

yeah its alot dirtier then i wouldve liked on the firewall and on top of the transmission and im kinda embarresed its that dirty, ill clean it up a bit and snap a few pics. Ill be doing some heat film on the firewall, similar to Josh's (Altspace's) firewall film.. its super expensive, but well worth it and its gold so i may tie that into the cars theme somehow..

Goodness! That's going to be even more power, nice build! (my inspiration for getting a MS6 someday..) :)

yes ma'am so much power im looking into having some beefier axles/driveshaft made too.. its not a question if there going to break its when.

Last edited:
car is running took it for alittle test drive

i ran the test fairly conservative compared to the limits of the turbo, i had it at 18psi id say 27-32psi would be my race tune, mind you this is a GTK-500 not a K04 boost isnt fully kicked in till about 4000rpm, scared the s*** outta me.

i dont get full 100% traction till mid 2nd gear on street tires, gotta fix that. although the car still moves, in order to run low 12's high 11's or better at the track im going to need slicks.

but man. its EPIC. much too fast to ride around town with.

no issues so far, was alittle worried about the axles and transmission

its about 50% done, theres alot more that needs to go into the full build then just the big power. but getting all the work done and getting it back running was half the battle.

well although i have driven it its no where near done.. when its 100% picture worthy ill post pics, half the engine is back out of the car. no issues with it, just need to fine tune some things and mount things in different areas to make it look uber clean when im done.. basically i just threw everything together for the test run, and now im making it look all purdy and such.

i mean i guess a similar setup to compare it with would be SSinstaller's on MSF..

cant post a link here though. we all know why.. (hand)

Last edited:
Sounds great! That was a fast turn around on building the motor and having it running again! Cant wait to see the final setup. :D

Sounds great! That was a fast turn around on building the motor and having it running again! Cant wait to see the final setup. :D

yeah was working on it about 16 hours a day on average for quite a while, now after the test run im doing it in little spurts beacause its more time consuming when everything is all powdercoated to re-install things without scratching them..

damn it seems not too long ago you was wanting to sell, changed ur mind like Taylor, kep tworking on it for shows... now selling for an ISF.
i gotta say though, great choice of car to move on to... luv those... im actually powdercoating my wheels the ISF brushed pewter wheel color... lols

anyway cant wait to see what you do with it!

slightly old necro!!

glad you still around boosted, and im actually happy you still have the ms6!
keep us in the loop with your idea for an additional mazda too

Over the next few days, i will be fixing this thread. Updating with new pictures. Thanks man for reopening it for me!

Back