BoostedSpd6's Build Thread

BoostedSpd6

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed 6
Hey guys ive been wanting to make this thread for some time and now that we have a Photo/Video section here it is..this thread is a timeline with pictures of how far my car has come from day 1..u are intitled to ur opinion in this thread but keep the drama to a minimum. no threadjacking!!! here we go!

Bought my 2006 Black Mica MazdaSpeed 6 GT in November 2006 #2717

After a quick wash, it was cold outside.

NewCar026.jpg

NewCar016.jpg

NewCar015.jpg

NewCar008.jpg

My 1st Mods at 500 miles or so were an AEM CAI, Rear MM, Silverstar High Beam Lights and i poilished up the Valve Cover. apologize for the bas pics, back then i used my cell phone.

500miles.jpg

img528.jpg

img572.jpg

img491.jpg

img527.jpg

In 2007 the first mods were the Custom Exhaust and Painting the Emblems RED, at the time i was going for a red and black theme.

img573.jpg

img574.jpg

img493.jpg

HKS Carbon Ti Mufflers

img547.jpg

img549.jpg

img596.jpg

car002.jpg

In the spring/summer of 2007 i put on the CP-E FMIC, changed the transmission, differential, and PTO Fluids i dont have any pics of that though TWM Stage 2 SS, and the Shorty Antenna.

DSC02489.jpg

img610.jpg

img609.jpg

img611.jpg

img612.jpg

IMPORTWARS024.jpg

IMPORTWARS025.jpg

img576.jpg

img579.jpg

img575.jpg

The Last Mod in 2007 was a gauge pod and 3 AutoMeter Gauges

img441.jpg

2008 -- not much went on in this year.. decided to change my theme to all Black, u will see that change in the photos below.

2009 -- Big Year!! Complete Transformation of the cars overall look and performance upgrades in the year were plentiful.

First Up... PG TIP , Nextmod Front Lip, AutoEXE Grille

PGTIP.jpg

101_0042.jpg

Bought a Cobb AP, Changed the Floor Mats, Got some new Prosport Gauges from Ken at the OCC Mazda Meet, New Shift Boot, O.Z. Racing Rims.

101_0018.jpg

101_0008.jpg

101_0009.jpg

101_0015.jpg

OCCMeet2009bundle130.jpg

Here's what the car looked like before the big FMIC kit.

100_0088.jpg

100_0094.jpg

I then decided to change my FMIC setup and went with Altered Customs FMIC kit.. the core is 30 x 8 x 3.5. I decided to dress up the engine bay alittle bit..with this setup my CAI had to be changed to an SRI. I also added some Denso Spark Plugs while i had everything apart.

100_0126-1.jpg

100_0129-1.jpg

100_0153-1.jpg

100_0147-1.jpg

100_0122-1.jpg

Recently ive purchased a PG V3 Manifold..Full Corksport TBE, 5w-40 w an Amsoil EAO-15 filter, and i forgot to add in the Evil M emblem..

100_0269-2.jpg

100_0268-1.jpg

100_0307-1.jpg

100_0308-1.jpg

JBR SSP Installed May 2nd 2010

100_0497.jpg

FI (Flex Innovations) Grounding Kit Installed May 20th 2010

EngineBaySalePic1.jpg

EngineBaySalePic3.jpg

Blow Thru MAF installed

BlowThruMAF004-1.jpg

Current Look July 2010

MOTMOS1.jpg

BlowThruMAF004-1.jpg

MOTMpicsJune008.jpg

Hope u enjoy the thread and please keep it civil.

Current Mods List

Cobb Ap Stage 2 Custom Tune ~ Altered Customs FMIC ~ PG Inlet Pipe ~ HKS V3 SSQV ~ HKS Gold Fin Insert ~ CP-E Rear MM ~ Turbine Tech Front Engine Mount ~ Denso ITV22 Spark Plugs ~ Corksport Exhaust ~ Corksport DP ~ PG V3 Manifold w/ EGT Bung ~ 52mm EGT Gauge ~ Custom SRI Intake ~ HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer ~ Candy Blue Valve Cover ~ Rear Brake Light Mod ~ Powder Coated Intercooler Piping ~ TWM Stage 2 SS w/Base Bushings ~ Black Oil Cap ~ Custom Wire Loom ~ AutoExe Carbon Fiber Grille ~ CP-E Tow Plate ~ Oil Filter Conversion ~ Prosport Sandwhich Plate ~ 3 Prosport Gauges Oil Pressure, Oil Temp and Boost ~ O.Z. Ultraleggera 18x8 Black Wheels ~ Evil M Emblem ~ Corksport Strut Tower Bar - Gloss Black ~ Custom Painted Brake Calipers ~ Leather Shift Boot w/Blue Stiching ~ Custom Floor Mats w/ Blue Zoom Zoom Stiching ~ RedLine Tuning Quicklift Hood Props ~ VG Shark Fin Antenna ~ Nextmod Front Lip ~ Lip Struts ~ Blockhead8 Vent Pod ~ Relocated Windshield Fluid Resivior (Trunk) ~ F2 Balance Shaft Delete Kit ~ PTP PCV Fix ~ PTP Windage Tray ~ Corksport Air Filter ~ D2S 6000k Bulbs ~ Custom Painted Rotor Hats ~ H&R Sport Springs ~ Wrinkle Black Intake Manifold ~ SM Oil Catch Can ~ Blockhead8 Vent Pod w/ Boost Gauge ~ PTP Coolant Bypass ~ PTP IM Gasket ~ Remflex Exhaust Gaskets ~ SPC Balljoints ~ JBR SSP (Blue) ~ Cobb Knob (Blue) ~ Blow Thru MAF ~ Flex Innovations Grounding Kit

Awards Won:

2009 AfterShock Show Best Mazda
2009 Import Wars 2nd Place Overall Mazda
2009 Rose Car Show 2nd Place Overall Import
2009 Whaling City Show 2nd Place Mazda
2009 OCC RJR Memorial 2nd Place Furthest Distance
2009 OCC+StreetLife Mid Summer Showdown 2nd Place 4 Door Mazda
May 2010 Car of the Month at JBR (James Barone Racing)
May 23rd 2010 Import Face Off Best Mazda
June 19th 2010 Game Over CC Car Show 2nd Place Mazda
June 26th 2010 Rose Car Show 1st Place Mazda
June 26th 2010 Rose Car Show 2nd Place Furthest Distance
June 27th 2010 CT Xtreme's Car Show 2nd Place Mazda

2011 Plans

~ Sell my O.Z.'s- Look for that in the F/S section coming up in April.
~ Buy some SURE products, their stuff looks top notch.
~ Overall just have a really good summer of driving the car with no accidents would be good.
~ Possibly buy Another MS6 for a full build.

Last edited:
sweet man. What #'s are you putting down ?

im putting the car on a dyno next month hopefully..ill post the numbers and various pics and dyno sheets then.. track numbers are going to have to wait till the end of the month, theres a show at NED ( New England Dragway) and ill be showing/hopefully getting some good numbers in the 1/4 mile.

looks ****** awesome!! second last picture is just the sex. only thing that ruined the picture is the weirdo in the first one haha jks :p

time for a tint tho?

your car looks like my car. way to be origional... i would put the roll eyes smiley here if i remembered what it was...

jk love it.

thanks guys..heres that smilie u were lookin for zinger002 haha :rolleyes:

tint is on the list for next year ms6acton, and yes i do look really young and weird in that first pic (lol2) i was only 19.

yeah, needs tint. and dont be a wussy either, get dark tint. i have uber dark tint and i have had 0 trouble from the "law". my buddy got his civic tinted just noticably and that day got a warning. next day got a ticket lol.

its going to be 20% rear 25% front.. maybe darker we'll see.. i shouldnt get to much crap for it since my cousins a local cop.

its going to be 20% rear 25% front.. maybe darker we'll see.. i shouldnt get to much crap for it since my cousins a local cop.

well it depends on the cop right. their mood can affect how they handle a situation. just like any person in another setting.

Nice and well done. Only thing I wanted to ask is about the intercooler hanging a little low below the grill. Did you cut the crash bar? It just look weird to me.

I see that Zaino did some good work for you in that last pic (headbang)

haha yes it sure did..it works great on dark colored cars!!! i love it

nice work on the thread...car looks amazing! ;)

Thanks Mark!! as i said before it took me 3 hours lol, and theres still more to come.

That is a great looking Speed.

Thanks!!

Nice and well done. Only thing I wanted to ask is about the intercooler hanging a little low below the grill. Did you cut the crash bar? It just look weird to me.

i actually get that question alot..the crash bar isnt cut at all..which was a descision made by me and my local body tech, its there for a reason, that reason being safety in a front end crash, so its there to stay lol..and to add to that my personal feeling is that removing the bar would make the car unsafe from a unibody standpoint as it is tied into it, so if u auto x it or drive it hard u could twist the unibody with the bar removed or cut.

edit: found the TIP pic and a few others.. enjoy!

Last edited:
i actually get that question alot..the crash bar isnt cut at all..which was a descision made by me and my local body tech, its there for a reason, that reason being safety in a front end crash, so its there to stay lol..and to add to that my personal feeling is that removing the bar would make the car unsafe from a unibody standpoint as it is tied into it, so if u auto x it or drive it hard u could twist the unibody with the bar removed or cut.

I understand. That's why I've been contemplating on whether I should get an FMIC or not. I really don't want to cut the crash bar for that reason so that's why I think I'll just go with an upgraded TMIC and go FMIC when I go big turbo or something.

Back