Bluetooth failing, requiring pulling fuse to restart?

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touiring. Every few weeks or so the Bluetooth function (which I use every time I drive the car) will stop working. It will become unselectable on the screen, just like, say AUX would be if you didn't have an AUX cable plugged in.

Even if you turn the car off and on again, even more than once, it does not fix itself. The only way I have found to rectify the problem is by going under the hood, pulling the fuse for the stereo system, and then putting it back in.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of this problem? It's starting to irritate me to no end since I have to do it every couple weeks.

Also, the bluetooth will cut out for half a second sometimes while playing music, anyone else experience that?

Thanks everyone...

That sounds like an issue for a dealer visit. I've not heard of anyone having to resort to pulling the fuses to get it to reset.

Mine does that, but a fuse pull is not required, just an engine turn off and restart.

The dealer is hopeless, couldn't understand the problem (they think everybody is an idiot who doesn't know how to connect their Bluetooth), and couldn't replicate it.

I've got that too

I'm getting the exact same thing for the past 2 days. It happened a few weeks ago, but fixed itself.
But this time, I've started and stopped about 6 or 7 times and nothing's working.

I'm getting the exact same thing for the past 2 days. It happened a few weeks ago, but fixed itself.
But this time, I've started and stopped about 6 or 7 times and nothing's working.

That is better IMO. They can't deny it is a problem if they see it not working! Take it to the dealer ASAP.

Yeah. Exactly. Mine still does it but I guess it will probably do not good to take it to the dealer since it is just past 36k miles. Ughhhhh. It's really annoying.

Call Mazda hands free support and tell them what's going on. They'll give you a reference number to take to your local dealer who will replace the bluethooth module. I was having this same issue and got my module replaced under warranty.

I have had the same problem, bluetooth stuck on connecting screen, phone can see the car bluetooth but can't connect to it, tried restarting car, pulling out fuse, nothing works. Fixed it self somehow a few days later. Hope it doesn't happen again coz it was annoy I can't receive calls!

Back