Bluetooth problem, devices connecting and playing automatically (2016 CX-5)

:
2009 Mazdaspeed3
I have a strange and irritating problem going on with bluetooth connectivity between my iPhone device and my CX-5 (2016). The device is paired to the car. Every time I start the car, my device automatically connects via bluetooth and starts playing whatever media was last playing on the device: usually a podcast or streaming radio. If I am listening to the radio in the car, and I make or receive a phone call, because the iphone automatically connected, the phone call will route through the infotainment system and interrupt whatever else was playing. Even when I unpair the device from the car, within ten seconds, it reconnects by itself. I seem to have no choice in the matter.

I cannot tell if this automatic connecting is a function of my phone or a function of the infotainment system in the car. This doesn't happen with my iPhone and any other device, so I think it's the car.

I have spent a thorough amount of time scanning through all the bluetooth connectivity settings in the car, I cannot figure it out. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to stop it?!

It's driving me freaking bonkers!

I have this issue on my 2018 CX-5 and want to know if there is a way to stop it autoplaying.

I can close spotify on my phone and when I go in the car and it pairs, it will start playing the last thing. I have tried settings in my phone and basically everwhere, to no avail.

Any advice?

I have this issue on my 2018 CX-5 and want to know if there is a way to stop it autoplaying.

I can close spotify on my phone and when I go in the car and it pairs, it will start playing the last thing. I have tried settings in my phone and basically everwhere, to no avail.

Any advice?
Yes! Exactly. The automatic connecting is survivable but the autoplay is really annoying.

Sorry, I misread and now see you're talking about just plain Bluetooth. I was coming from recent experience with our new CX-50 w/wireless AA. Interestingly, our 2019 CX-5 does not have the auto-play issue with Spotify over vanilla Bluetooth, so there must be some way to disable (I would think)

Sorry, I misread and now see you're talking about just plain Bluetooth. I was coming from recent experience with our new CX-50 w/wireless AA. Interestingly, our 2019 CX-5 does not have the auto-play issue with Spotify over vanilla Bluetooth, so there must be some way to disable (I would think)

Even having AA installed now, this still happens. I will have volume muted, unmute it to turn on radio and spotify is playing a random podcast.

Latest posts

Back