Blue Illumination lights don't turn on

vin_rez

:
mazda cx-9 2011 touring edition
Hi guys!just bought a cx-9 2011 touring and found out that the blue illumination lights don't turn on. Do you have any idea how to turn it on?thanks...

I believe, only GT has it blue.
You don't need to multiply your question all over the forum.
It's weekends, and people might not be online for a while.

Last edited:
Get the manual out and make sure you read all the info on the dash dimmer. In my sig, there is a link to the 2011 manual pdf, if you would like to look now.

On page 5-24 of 213 (pdf) talks about the dashboard illumination.

Rotate the knob to adjust the brightness of
the instrument cluster and other
illuminations in the dashboard.
NOTE
l The brightness of dashboard illuminations
can be adjusted when the headlight switch
is in the or position.
l When the dashboard illumination
brightness cannot be adjusted any more, a
beep sound will be heard.
l (Black-out meter)
The brightness of the instrument cluster
illumination can be adjusted when the
headlight switch is in any position.

Canceling the illumination dimmer
(Black-out meter and dashboard
illuminations)
When the headlight switch is in the
or position, the illumination of the
instrument cluster and the information
display dims.
When driving on snowy or foggy roads,
or in other situations when the instrument
cluster or information display's visibility
is reduced due to glare from surrounding
brightness, cancel the illumination
dimmer and increase the illumination
intensity.
5-42

Thanks...I should have posted that I've read the manual even before posting this question...but I think I got the most sensible answer from the dealership--they will try to program it through the computer..The temperature settings were also in Celsius so they will convert it to Fahrenheit...

The quick-start guide you get with the car tells you how to switch from C to F.

Thanks...I should have posted that I've read the manual even before posting this question...but I think I got the most sensible answer from the dealership--they will try to program it through the computer..The temperature settings were also in Celsius so they will convert it to Fahrenheit...

Blue lighting only on Grand Touring models and to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit press and hold the "outside" button on the climate control for a few seconds. This works on the '07 GT w/o nav.

Blue lighting only on Grand Touring models and to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit press and hold the "outside" button on the climate control for a few seconds. This works on the '07 GT w/o nav.

Do you know if that's the same n the 2012's ? We just bought a 2012 touring and like the blue :(

Do you know if that's the same n the 2012's ? We just bought a 2012 touring and like the blue :(

If the 2012 is similar to the 2007, the blue lighting is part of the Grand Touring (GT) package and didn't come as part of the sport or touring packages.

For switching between C to F (again on the 2007s) is accomplished by pressing and holding button on the lower half of the right AC control dial for approximately 8 seconds, until you hear a beep. I don't know if it works the same way on the newer models.

Not sure what year exactly, but Mazda saved a nickle and eliminated the blue ilumination lighting.

Around 2010-2011.

One of the reasons I still have a 2008, seriously.

Hi,
Mine is 2013 CX9 GT AU Model. I could not find anything through which I can display DATE on the dashboard. Any ideas?

Back