Blown motor..Buying one that came with an auto; Plug n' play with manual tranny?

Lateralus

:
03 P5
Title says it all. I'm sure this has been asked a million times and I'm sorry, I did look but couldn't find an exact answer. I'm 75% sure that the motor will fit and crazy things would come into play if I already didn't have a manual P5 (Harness, mounts, pedals, ecu...been there done all that in my civic) but I wanted to be absolutely sure that there wasn't something odd or weird I would have to do..I mean it's the same motor, right? Just didn't want to drop $700 and be wrong.

Title says it all. I'm sure this has been asked a million times and I'm sorry, I did look but couldn't find an exact answer. I'm 75% sure that the motor will fit and crazy things would come into play if I already didn't have a manual P5 (Harness, mounts, pedals, ecu...been there done all that in my civic) but I wanted to be absolutely sure that there wasn't something odd or weird I would have to do..I mean it's the same motor, right? Just didn't want to drop $700 and be wrong.

You didn't say what the donor engine came from... I assume it's an automatic P5 and, if so, the only difference will be the size of one (lower, forward position if I remember right) of the bellhousing bolts that goes into the MBSP/windage tray. Otherwise, you're good. It's no big deal to either leave that one out, or source the correct size bolt for the windage tray side of it.

I'm having flashbacks to taking the tray out before my motor was blown, having to crack open the tranny and fit a quarter drive into the tranny case to drop it. Ugh.

But yeah, it's coming from an auto P5...
even though a MSP swap is so tempting..

Yep, no problem there.

I didn't do anything with the windage tray.

You can swap the MBSP/upper oil pan over and all the holes will line up. I am running an protege FSDE from an automatic car in one of my MSPs.

Recently dropped a JDM FS-DE from an automatic into my manual P5. Remove the flexplate and
transfer the flywheel over, new pilot and throwout bearing at a minimum (if you aren't replacing
the clutch). I had the flywheel surfaced and replaced the clutch & bearings because I was at 208K
and it needed it. The flywheel side of the disc was still pretty good, but the pressure place side
was just touching the rivets. It's very happy now, hopefully for another 200K+...

Back