Beware of LASFIT LED bulbs

:
'21 CX-5 CE-T
I got them as recommendations here, and elsewhere online.

Last year I switched out all the exterior lights with LASFIT LED bulbs on my CE-T. Switchback front signals, standard rear signals, and brake lights.

This past weekend, I realized one of the brake lights was stuck on bright. I previously had issues with the brake lights getting really dim after sitting in drive thru lines, I assume it's happened elsewhere as well.

I've also had issues with the signals hyperflashing if they're on too long.

They work great until they don't.

Merely a heads up to others who have switched out their bulbs.

I think the only real solution may be to either stick with incandescent bulbs, or possibly wire in resistors to possibly alleviate the bulbs from overheating.

few years back I tried and had all kind of weird issues with LED bulbs attempts. Arizona summers :) Switched back to the original incadescent and no issues since. Other people experience may be different.

The brake lights on the 2021 CX-5 aren't LED from the factory?

I've had no issues running LEDs with no resistors on the smaller bulbs (license plate, cargo light). But for turn signals, you definitely should use resistors, or use LED bulbs with integrated resistors. I used SiriusLED (Amazon) turn signal bulbs with integrated resistors for my rear turn signals. They've been installed for almost 4.5 years with zero issues.

few years back I tried and had all kind of weird issues with LED bulbs attempts. Arizona summers :) Switched back to the original incadescent and no issues since. Other people experience may be different.
Same here on my '19 Touring, including Smart Braking and Radar Cruise issues. Swapped back to originals and had no issues since.

I've had no issues running LEDs with no resistors on the smaller bulbs (license plate, cargo light). But for turn signals, you definitely should use resistors, or use LED bulbs with integrated resistors. I used SiriusLED (Amazon) turn signal bulbs with integrated resistors for my rear turn signals. They've been installed for almost 4.5 years with zero issues.
Turn signals have been ok... Brake lights failed though.

Only on the higher end models (GT and above). Base CX-5's have incandescent other than the headlights.

I have had the opposite experience with LED's. I swapped out my turn signal bulbs in the 19 GT I had and they worked flawlessly for 2yrs and 20k miles. Moved them to my '21 and they still work fine (almost 30k on the bulbs so far). As for LASFIT, I just got some for my 2006 Z4M as the rear LED's bulbs I had in the car did not work well with the CANBUS. The LASFIT bulbs I put in last week work perfectly. We will see if they last.

I also have a '20 Nissan Frontier which had no LED's at all. I swapped everything out to LED right after getting the truck and they have worked perfectly for 11k miles and 2yrs.

Sylvania ZEVO LED's are so good, they have lifetime warranties!

Sylvania ZEVO LED's are so good, they have lifetime warranties!
what resistors did u end up needing for your cx-5?

You don't need external resistors for the rear bulbs. Just get some with built in resistors. I had to use external resistors on the front turn signals as in some cars you can't have built in resistors on both ends (the CX-5 is one of them).

Last edited:
Back