Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications

TheMAN said:
you didn't really read the original post did you? :rolleyes:

I don't think he did. You seem to know a lot about this subject, do you have any info or opinion on whether I should be using the catch can in addition the the new PCV valve?

Tzar177 said:
so what would i be asking for exactly when i go to the auto store?

it's a fuel filter...is your car boosted? you might want to go back to the first thread and read thru the entire thread...? it's really rather informative and helpful...(yes)

GhostOne said:
I don't think he did. You seem to know a lot about this subject, do you have any info or opinion on whether I should be using the catch can in addition the the new PCV valve?

The PCV mentioned in this thread will do a lot to help. A catch can should not be needed with thenew PCV, however, people have still used them.

just got the new pcv valve in the mail. is it suppose to have a rattle sound if u shake it? the cheap one i bought at pepboys didnt rattle....just wanna make sure i didnt get sent a broken pcv

Tzar177 said:
just got the new pcv valve in the mail. is it suppose to have a rattle sound if u shake it? the cheap one i bought at pepboys didnt rattle....just wanna make sure i didnt get sent a broken pcv
As Edwin says, they are supposed to rattle. The ball inside is what seals it off. One of the checks in the manual:

POSITIVE CRANKCASE VENTILATION (PCV) VALVE INSPECTION
A3U011613890W02
1. Remove the PCV valve.
2. Blow through the valve and verify that air flows as
specified.
If not as specified, replace the PCV valve.
Specification
End Of Sie

Condition.........................Airflow
Air applied from port A .......Yes
Air applied from port B ........No

Port B is the curved side
Port A is the opening that goes into the valve cover.

how far down is the pcv suppose to fit on the valve cover? is it enuf that the red is not shown? i cant seem to push it so the red isnt showing and it just kinda sits in the hole loose.

Kansei said:
sits in there loose? did you lose the little gasket that holds it on the valve cover?

If you mean this....yea its still there. I can only get the pcv to go so far down, but i can very very easily pull it rite out....just thought it may pop loose while driving and hitting bumps

Attachments

• pcv.JPG
    pcv.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 377
Wait hmm.. the PCV in your pic looks broken. Mine hasn't ever separated there, either the whole body of it (including the part sitting in the valve cover in your pic) comes out or it all stays in, including the part attached to the vaccuum line.

LinuxRacr said:
I would personally like to thank TheMan for yet another importan info find for the Protege community.

http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7782

I just ordered this PCV Valve, and will pick it up tomorrow. (thumb)

EDIT: Here are the pictures:

This is a very easy install that takes less than 5 minutes (even less for those of you without the plastic valve cover).

And here it is installed in the stock location. A DIRECT FIT!!!
PCVinstalled1.jpg

PCVinstalled2.jpg

Does your fit in there snug with the red exposed? Mine just seems very loose looking like that.

mine is like this and sits fine and tight?

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 379
Tzar177 said:
Does your fit in there snug with the red exposed? Mine just seems very loose looking like that.
If it is really loose, you need to replace the rubber seal that goes in the hole. I had to when I replaced mine.

Ya, oil getting in that seal makes it easy to come out. oull the seal, and clean oil off both the valve and the seal. Should stick btter.

Maxx Mazda said:
Ya, oil getting in that seal makes it easy to come out. oull the seal, and clean oil off both the valve and the seal. Should stick btter.

I tried pulling it out, but ended up chewing it up...gotta replace now

Latest posts

Back