Best Dealer In Michigan?

SilverCX5

My fiance and I are looking to purchase a 2014 CX5 GT FWD so I wanted to request some help from the Mazdas247 community. I have done a lot of research on this forum and online but I am looking to hear from those who purchased in just Michigan.

1.)What dealer did you purchase from?
2.)What did you end up paying?
3.)What did you use to negotiate the price and did you have to spend a lot of time negotiating?

We are planning on taking advantage of the great rates Mazda is offering through their financing and paying the rest in cash, and not offering a trade in. We are not looking to get a record breaking price, we just want to get a good price with very little hassle from the dealer.

I am already planning on using truecar.com to get started with a price, but I would like to hear what others have done to get the price they got, and what dealer they used. How I am treated at the dealer is just as important as price to me. Thank you in advanced.

I can tell you about my experience with buying a 2014 several weeks ago. The 2013s offered a .9% finance rate, which looked very good to me. The only car my dealer had with the color/options that I wanted was a 2014 with a 2.9% rate. Having counted on the .9% rate in my number crunching, I told the dealer that was a deal breaker. He crunched his numbers, called me back and told me the difference over the term of the loan was about $900, and that he'd split the difference by taking another $500 off the purchase price. I said, fair enough.

I know that doesn't necessarily relate to Michigan, just my own experience. I've been told that dealers typically like to make about 10% above their cost on new cars, but if you get hard-nosed about it, they'll go down to about 5%. I should also add that I hate haggling. The bottom line for me, other than getting a car that I like, is getting the payments to a price I can comfortably afford, and I did that.

I already have checked with financing and in Michigan it is 1.9% for 60 months. My question is aimed more toward which dealer to buy from. I have lived in Michigan my whole life and have bought many cars but really did not like any dealer I worked with, and I have never bought a Mazda before so I have never worked with any Mazda dealer in Michigan.

Sorry that we didn't help with the dealer. It doesn't hurt to drive to Indiana or even Illinois to buy the car if they'll give you better pricing.
BTW, I wouldn't recommend a 5 yr car loan unless you really need to buy, car might be less than ur principal if you have a small down payment.
I'm no financial advisor but have been advised to take the 36 mon loan.

I can highly recommend Crown Motors in Holland MI (southwest of Grand Rapids). I don't have any financial ties to the company, for the record. We got our CX-5 there earlier this month and worked with Troy Hiemstra. We've purchased from Crown before and they have been very solid, straightforward and honest with us. The Regent Blvd showroom has a great waiting room as well, if you're getting service done.

I live in SE Mich. I visited 2 Suburban Mazda locations (Troy & Sterling Heights). They both sucked. I bought from Brighton Mazda. They gave me a good deal.

I live in SE Mich. I visited 2 Suburban Mazda locations (Troy & Sterling Heights). They both sucked. I bought from Brighton Mazda. They gave me a good deal.

I second that. I bought from Brighton. Got a good deal, nice people, and they sold me accessories at their cost. I did negotiating via email and they didn't mess around, first reply was their best offer and was $750 cheaper than anywhere else for me.

Last edited:
Thank you for those who replied about the dealers in Michigan. I am looking for a nice dealer that isn't going to play games and willing to give a good price without any hassle, so far it sounds like Brighton will be worth a visit.

Sorry I'm not able to input which dealer to go with in Michigan but here's what I did when I was car shopping. I basically emailed about 10 Mazda dealers within a 50 mile radius of where I live. Told them that I hate haggling and what is the best deal they can give me (I did tell the dealers that I was in contact with other dealers too). If their quote was one of the top 3 prices; then we'll continue onto the next step, if not; then thanks for their time. Eventually I narrowed it down to what the each dealers were able to provide for me (like if they could toss in some free accessories and stuff to sweeten the deal) versus the cost other dealers had. This definately helped me make the shopping experience less painful! Good luck!!!

Back